Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Appreciate what you've got  (Read 11741 times)

Tempest

Re: Appreciate what you've got
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »

What a profound, thought provoking and tragic story, CLKD! I do hope if you're reading Choc57 that you're doing as ok as can be expected, and that time has healed just a little of your hurt and sadness. xxxxx

choc57

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 06:54:04 PM »

I've just logged in to find the lovely, kind words many of you said when I last posted. Thank you everyone. I'm sorry I didn't check back earlier.
It's now almost 3 and a half years ago and I'm in a much better place. I still feel guilty, not all the time but it does hit me occasionally. But now I think to myself 'It wasn't your fault' and that helps me to reason with myself.
I still can't believe he's gone and now I wonder whether I ever will. I'm doing ok though and thankfully so are my sons now. One of them really struggled for a very long time but thankfully he too is in a much better place. Christmas is coming and for the first time I'm looking forward to it. We both always loved Christmas so I know he'd want me to be able to enjoy it again. I have another reason to be optimistic as my second grandchild is due in March (we'd just become grandparents when my husband died). It'll be sad that he's not here but I feel I carry him in my heart always and experience life for both of us.

I'm still having the night sweats after 7 years and they're still a pain, not as bad as they were by any means but the hrt I was taking at the time stopped working. I think it must have been the shock but the withdrawal bleed disappeared and the sweats came back so it seemed pointless to continue and so I came off. Somehow I've come to live with being woken up every couple of hours, it's just a part of life but I do wish they'd stop xxx

dazned

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 07:04:27 PM »

Lovely to hear you are in a more positive place now and that life is more bearable for you all. Hope you have a lovely family time at Christmas and future planning for the new arrival ! :)

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »

Hello choc57.

It's so good to hear from you and to learn that you and your family are doing well inspite of your loss.
They say that time is a great healer and it seems to be true.

Wishing you well and keep us updated, especially when the new baby arrives.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »

Oh have a HUGE  :bighug: because you have survived.  Not easily but you are moving slowly.  And a new grandchild  :great:

choc57

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »

Thanks everyone. It's been and continues to be a battle but yes I've survived and am determined to be happy.

I also have a new man in my life and he is helping me tremendously. He loves to travel which is wonderful as I never thought I'd be able to enjoy a holiday again.
From the devastated person I was 3 years ago I'm now enjoying life again. I'm not kidding myself that this relationship can ever be the same, it can't and I wouldn't want it to be. We'd been together from such a young age and just grown up together and I thought we'd be together forever. I never imagined finding myself single again, not at my age anyway. I joined a couple of groups, one for widowed people and a local Meet up group. I've now got lots of new friends and I also have a voluntary job working in a coffee shop which I love and has meant I've met lots of people and made some really good friends who I know will be in my life for a very long time.
 My boys get on well with my new man and are pleased that someone is looking after me. I know Andrew would want me to be happy as he lost his own dad when he was 18 and used to wish that his mum had been able to be happy again and meet someone. He used to say to me that if it happened to him I had to be happy and meet someone else so I feel I have his permission.
Thank you for your thoughts and support. I'm going to be visiting this site again as I'm still battling with this dreadful menopause! Thankfully I'm now quite sane and the sweats hardly happen during the day it's just these damn night sweats every couple of hours....at least they're not every half an hour anymore!! xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

It is a sign of a good marriage that one can move on and even contemplate another relationship  :foryou:

Maybe start a separate thread about your flushes so that you get appropriate responses?

Ju Ju

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 05:56:34 PM »

The gift your husband left you was that of the experience of loving and being loved. This has left you, when you were ready, to love again. This will never replace or diminish the love you had with your husband. He has his own special place in your heart, but your heart is big enough to love again. I'm so pleased to see that you have been able able to build a new way of being around your grief. Best wishes to you and your expanding family.
Pages: 1 2 [3]