Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: new to site - just started Evorel sequi  (Read 7476 times)

karin

new to site - just started Evorel sequi
« on: August 05, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »

hello all, please can i have some advice, ive just started the above and wondered if anyone can tell me if they noticed any hair/skin benefits?
only been on these patches for 1 week and my  initial tingly symptoms and slight nausea have settled, I slept v well last night and haven't had any flushes today- what am I likely to expect when i change to the last 4 patches please and is weight gain inevitable?  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:27:03 PM by karin »

Taz2

Re: new to site - just started Evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »

Hi Karin - welcome to the forum.

Each woman reacts differently to HRT so it's difficult to give advice on what to expect but it's great that your flushes have gone. Sometimes the progesterone which is added into the last two weeks of Evorel Sequi can give rise to PMT type symptoms - especially if you have been prone to it in the past - but it's worth persevering for three months to find out if such symptoms settle.

As for skin and hair - after a few months I did find mine to improve. Weight gain is not inevitable on HRT but is often linked in to getting older. This is probably because we move less than we used to and still eat the same size portions. Again you may find that you become more bloated during the second half of the cycle of patches much like building up to a natural period.

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:23:57 AM »

Hi karin I've put my first patch on about an hour ago how are you getting on with them ?

karin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »

First 4 days i felt tingly all over and heavy limbed, also a little bit nauseous but by day 5 that stopped. I had a couple of sweats on day 6 , now on day 8- no sweats today and have been sleeping very well!!  Have been keeping a diary which i will do so for a full month so i can note whats happening to me. I have lost a lot of hair over last 2 years so im also going to watch and see if it gets worse/better/ remains the same. How are you doing?

karenja

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »

Hi, I get nausea now and again it seems to pass quite quickly if I drink a lot of water, Ive had a few really hot flushes, but again they pass and I had them before anyway, they just seem more intense somehow, I slept a bit better last night apart from a few flushes, the anxiety seems to be a little better which is the main reason Im trying the patches after not getting on with the tablets, oh yes Ive had the tingly feeling as well, glad your sweats have stopped and you are sleeping better, fingers x it will continue so you are on the second type of tablet now?

karenja

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »

only just realised these are medium dose hrt wheras before I was on low dose elleste duet, not sure if that's good or bad

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »

Hi karenja

I'm not sure what you mean by good or bad! However I've been on Estradot 50 patches (medium dose) ever since I started HRT in late perimenopause and I am now 61. Sometimes women experience more nausea with tablets or temporarily when the dose is increased, but this should settle.

Hi Karin - I can't say re hair and skin, because I haven't really stopped HRT. I would say even taking it over the years I have my hair is still thinner and less luxuriant than it was - because oestrogen levels are not as high as they were when I was fertile - but maybe thicker than it would be if I wasn't on HRT. I am sure it has preserved my skin to some extent. I struggle ( and have to work) to keep my weight down - but always have HRT or not, partly becase I am short!

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi Hurdity I just meant there maybe more health risks with a higher dose or it may be better for me? anyway plodding along with it, the anxiety has come back a bit last night but not as bad so day three now here's hoping for normality to resume sometime soon x

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »

I don't think skin and hair are solely reliant on estrogen, not by a long way, you don't have to be on hormones to have beautiful and health hair and skin.

Its down to genetics, what you ingest, lifestyle ( how much stress you have in your life) and mostly your health, auto immune problems can effect them too.

Too much estrogen can dry and fine the skin, testosterone thickens and keeps it oily, what estrogen does it cause the skin to retain water that gives the appearance of plumped up skin.  Drinking enough water can be your best friend where skin is concerned.

Mostly hair  can be maintained by what you eat e.g.. (eggs are very good) the B vitamins and biotin all help.

If you take hormones they should make you feel better not worse if they do your body is trying to tell you something and its always best to heed it.

Hope this is of help karenja
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:07:08 AM by silverlady »

karin

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »

Thank you all. Ive had hair loss since way before starting hrt, as long as its not exacerbated by hrt i wont grumble! But it would be great if it did help loss to slow down!! Haven't started 2nd half of everol sequi yet so will report back next week! 

karenja

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 06:22:51 AM »

anxiety back this morning disappointing as thought the patches had supressed it, its awful :(

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:05 AM »

Sadly I developed anxiety after being on patches for two years.

Sometimes HRT does not help and you have to find other coping techniques. Have you spoken to your GP about it.
They can offer CBT and sometimes beta blockers if appropriate.

B vitamins can help.

There is also a really good website called No More Panic.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »

hi Honeybun, I was taking b vits but stopped think I will try them again, and will check out that website too thanks x

karin

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »

Hi karenja
It might be that you need a bit longer before you get the full benefit? Im not quite 2 weeks in and every day is a little better than the day before. I feel quite calm and I've stopped ( at this current time) having the little episodes i used to have when trying to sleep, where my brain was swamped with lots of thoughts which i found hard to calm down and id get all anxious trying to sleep. Ive been sleeping like a baby which id lovely, do take vits, carry on with patches, try a bit of fresh air and exercise maybe? Let us know how you get on x

karenja

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »

Hi Karin, great to hear you feeling better ever day and that your sleeping, I would love a good nights sleep, I really want to start exercise again as Ive stopped due to tiredness, but that want to start again even if its just walking for 30 mins a few times a week, I will keep you updated, day 6 today, changing the patch tomorrow and Tuesday, then Sat start the conti patches x
Pages: [1] 2