Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Got the decorator in :(  (Read 10237 times)

littleminnie

Re: Got the decorator in :(
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:36 PM »

We started decorating one room 2 years ago and have been doing each room ever since. The last one was completed about a month ago, so that's it for a wee while.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »

I would love to go away for 3 weeks and have a professional in to 'do' throughout. But Himself won't pay  >:(  ::) if he can do it himself but I have to wait ………. I remember our bedroom being finished the week before our dog was pts. <sigh> so haven't wanted to alter it ………… <shrug> ……… we have contrasting paint on the radiators, i.e. in the lounge we have a green carpet, pale buttermilk walks, bright yellow rads. and patterned curtains.  In the dining room, pale pink walls, off-colour carpet and bright maroon rads.  :whist:

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »

I normally decorate every 4/5 years I guess.  I normally do it myself but am too tired these days and just can't be bothered.  So I treated myself to a professioanl and despite the initial nicotine yellow disaster, it's now starting to take shape.  All rooms are pretty neutral with occasional feature wall.  I hate the. Mess but hopefully will like the finished result.
Night ladies xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »

Calm.  Calm.   Job done?

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »

We decorate every four years ish. Been in this house almost four years now so it's time to re do some stuff.
We are in a smallish bungalow so I like to keep all the rooms similar in colour to make it look bigger. Same with carpet colour. Cream throughout.
We have quite bold accent colours to brighten things up. Cherry red tiles in the kitchen look really good.
Bright cushions in the living room with contrasting throws.
It's easy to ring the changes if the basic colours are neutral.

Never painted radiators anything but white. I would be too scared I could never get them back to white  :o.

Honeyb
x

ariadne

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:19 PM »

My husband is a decorator. He says in trade paint there are only a very few shades that you can buy that aren't mixed now. He said painting a piece of lining paper and taking it to the trade centre as someone said they do (was it Silverlady?) is the best idea. He said paint a large piece of lining paper and stick it to the wall in the room where you intend to paint and see how it looks at different times of day.

He said the light in a room is a big factor in whether the shade looks the same on the wall compared to the swatch. In our kitchen, we have an alcove that looks a much darker shade than the other walls even though it's the same colour  paint. It annoys me every time I look at it.

Ariadne xx
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:58:32 PM by ariadne »
Pages: 1 [2]