Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Very surprised by GP  (Read 3854 times)

leony

Very surprised by GP
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »

Had a call from my surgery regarding my use of HRT and how long I had been on it told I was to make an appointment to see him thought oh no here we go again brought me off the last time due to breast cancer scares then ended up in a really dark place due to stress and anxiety caused by lots of different stuff. Anyway went yesterday and he said it was up to me he has women in their 70s still on it I am now 59 asked if I could stay on it until 60 then review said he would wean me off gradually then and if I still felt I needed it would put me back on. I was gobsmacked he was so understanding.

Greyhoundgal

Re: Very surprised by GP
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »

Result  :)

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »

That's so good to hear leony!

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »

Thats really great  ;D

You could just say you want things to remain the same - no change - (if its not broke - dont fix it) :)

If not then make sure he documents the process you've agreed to in your notes - and "your" needs to follow this with the fallback of resuming current med levels if weaning them down doesn't work.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:48:24 PM by peegeetip »

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »

Leony - It's good to hear such positive news.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »

Good result!

sunlightmama

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »

;D ;D :D

leony

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »

Last time they took me off it was young GP one I saw this time was senior partner and knows all about my breakdown and seeing a physchiarist so he was really understanding still expected to have a fight on my hands though. Will try it next year see how it goes have given me enough scripts to last until next year so I don't have to keep asking just left them at the pharmacy and they will issue them when needed, if I go downhill again I am straight back on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »

Why wean off if you require it - if you were diabetic <shrug>  :-\ .............

leony

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »

I agreed to do this myself to see how it goes with him in agreement he actually said to me he would put me back on if he or I felt I needed them so it was a joint decision on my part as I am on Fluoxetine so may be able to cope better next year.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 02:07:02 PM »

:thankyou: .......... It's great to get a working relationship with a GP or Vet.  ;)