Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: FemSeven Conti?  (Read 2976 times)

sunlightmama

FemSeven Conti?
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »

Hello,
After having been on Prempac C for 3/4 months and having breakthrough night sweats, very grizzly tummy and achey limbs (and now palps) I asked to switched to patches.

I'm in early menopause and so have to have the progesterone - he's given me Fem Seven Conti patches as I said I fancied trying patches.

Why do you think he has given me this and not a sequencial HRT, which I've been having until now. As I understand it you get oestrogen and progesterone each day?
Has anyone use this and any feedback gratefully received.

xx  :)

Taz2

Re: FemSeven Conti?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »

Hi Sunlight - it depends on how far into menopause you are. Do you know when your last natural period was and also how old are you?

By the way - unless you have a hysterectomy you will always have to use a progesterone no matter how far into menopause you are as without a progesterone the womb lining can build up leading to a risk of endometrial cancer. Sorry.  :(

I have used Femseven sequi and conti and it worked well for me although the patches can be difficult to get to stick.

Taz x 

sunlightmama

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:56 PM »

Hi Taz,
I have no idea where i am! I am 42 and 2 yrs ago I had irregular periods and had tests and they said i was perimenopause and tested again yr later same thing.

I just wondered how it would feel different having the progesterone everyday as opposed to for half the cycle.

Many thanks,

x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:02 PM »

I would think that you should be on a sequi HRT. You seem very young to have a continuous one. This happened to me and quite a few ladies on here as GP's can often make a mistake. I think you should query this.

Info on Femseven Conti  "FemSeven conti is known as a continuous form of combined HRT. This means that each FemSeven conti patch contains both estradiol hemihydrate and levonorgestrel, so that both hormones are received each day. The patches release the hormones through the skin into the bloodstream at a constant rate and are designed to be changed once a week, ie a patch is worn for seven days and then replaced with a new one. This type of HRT does not produce a monthly period, and so is most suitable for women whose periods have already stopped, ie for postmenopausal women"

Taz x