Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bit of a small shock today  (Read 6792 times)

Limpy

Bit of a small shock today
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:48 PM »

We had been out to lunch today.
Came back, got beautifully dry washing in then did something with bins.
Became aware of OH shouting at something, assumed it was a cat.
Found out it was a young male clad in running garb running through our car port.
Fine, except we don't live on any sort of road, nearest neighbour 1/4 mile, on steep hill.

OH armed with a camera, set off in pursuit. A bit delayed given he had to put clothes on, hot weather meant he had to disrobe   ::)
The running person had apparently run past just where I had been in the car port (doing bins).
Normally nobody comes anywhere near.
Feel a bit spooked.
Keeping doors locked now - normally don't bother when we are in the house.
We'll live, it's just a bit different.

honeybun

Re: Bit of a small shock today
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »

:hug:

It's horrible when something like that happens. Just take extra care with security. Windows, doors and alarm if you have one, although my hubby says they are pointless.
We live in a very quiet rural area and I do get sloppy when it comes to security. There have been a few break ins recently so I have been making sure everything is locked up.
One thing I would suggest is that your hubby does not chase anyone. I know he is retired like mine so not as young as they used to be. Chasing and maybe catching is not a great idea.
I would call your local police and report this. They will put it on the list for a drive past.

Hope you settle down soon. Probably a one off.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »

Thanks Honeyb.

Hope it is a one off.
We have been so spoiled, lots of peace & quiet & no people. OH assures me he was just going to take a picture.........

We have spoken to the farmer who owns the next field where the runner came from. He says he'll keep an eye out for unknowns - he's got tractors and quad bikes to be worried about as well.

We'll just have to lock doors.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »

Goodness, what a scare. Hopefully a one off, but I'd let local police know. Take care!

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

Thanks CG - Will pop into police station tomorrow when out shopping, hopefully  it's still manned  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »

Our Stations are no longer manned we have to ring for an appt..

Are there any Public Footpaths/Bridleways close by?  I suspect though  :-\  ....... in this heat, running ain't for the likes of us  ;) .........

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »

CLCD - That's the thing, no public footpaths / bridleways close by - Big estate comes up to next field, landowner don't let anybody use their paths, we asked once but were ignored.

We'll see what happens at police station - the latest police commissioner has made a big thing of manning police stations - sure somebody will be there........

OH has kept more of his clothes on recently - he was spooked that he needed to put on more than undies to go out and see what was going on  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

;D  ..... there wasn't a film crew around, you know: filming for the latest Crime series?  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »

If there was they kept strangely quiet......
And another thing - we forgot to go to the police station this morning  :-\
Too much going on.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »

::) ………. hopefully this intrusion on your peace is a 1-off!  Maybe your being around will put off any repeats and word will spread that the area is occupied!  You could of course put flour around the building to see what foot prints you 'catch'  ;)