Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Day v Night Sweats  (Read 4064 times)

Lizziep

Day v Night Sweats
« on: July 28, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »

Morning Ladies,

I can go 5-6 hours during the day without so much as a hint of a sweat/flush.
But once I'm in bed, they are back with a vengeance.
Why is they they seem so bad at night when all you want is some uninterrupted sleep?
If I get 2 hours sleep at a time now, I'm lucky.

I've brought a pillow and a mattress protector that are supposed to regulate body heat but no luck with either so far  :(

I'll be quiet glad to see the weather cool down, maybe that'll help  :-[

Have a good day,

Lizziep x

Taz2

Re: Day v Night Sweats
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »

They are such a pain aren't they? I suffered from night sweats for around two years before they attacked me during the day as well and then I went onto HRT which was brilliant. Now I'm off it they are back with a vengeance day and night and I can't find anything that helps to be honest.

Off to the doc as soon as I recover from my recent hysterectomy to plead my case!

Taz x  :hug:

Patientone

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »

I ask the same question. I am frying at night, literally every time I turn over, it starts again.

Long ago when a friend of mine was going through this, her Dr boyfriend told her that our estrogen levels plummet at night, that would make sense, doesn't make me feel any better, but it makes sense. lol

Lizziep

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

I actually dread going to bed lately  :-\

It's so uncomfortable, dripping with sweat one minute and boiling hot then I start to feel chilly and clamy.
I must fan the top sheet at least 20 times a night.

I can handle the few I get during the day now but these night ones are a totally different ball game.

Maybe I've got to wait a bit longer for the patches to kick in before the night sweats stop and I can get some much needed uninterupted sleep.

Lizziep