Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: dry skin on nipples!  (Read 5739 times)

countrybumpkin

dry skin on nipples!
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »

Since I became post nemo ( 2 years) I have noticed that the skin on both my nipples is rough to touch, just like dry skin. Nothing else at all and its affecting both nipples.  I have noticed that my skin all over is so much drier and rougher as well and my once lovely long strong nails are not a disaster area as they all peel in layers so have to keep them short.

Just wondered if this is a meno thing as its not the sort of thing I feel i can ask anyone else other than you lot on here ;D ;D

honeybun

Re: dry skin on nipples!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »

My skin is a lot dryer than it has ever been.
I take a fish oil supplement that helps my nails and I use the Nivea in shower body moisturiser which is great. I don't have the patience to start and rub lotions and potions on so one I can do in the shower is great.

Have you tried moisuriser to see if that helps.

If I don't put something on my legs look scaly.

Oh the joys of getting older  :P

Honeyb
x

Annika

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »

Yes same nipply problem honeybun...Oh joy ;)   itchy too wonder if it might be just dry skin or the new laundry detergent I'm using. Right now going to try some baby vaseline see if that helps. Since I'm going for my early mammogram next week sure would like to get rid of it.

katem

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »

I too have the nips problem, very very dry and flakey. Plus my lower legs are very dry, skin comes off like the worse sunburn after showering( aactually,this happens at any time!!!!!!!) and my nails are ridged and split constantly. Its just more reasons to curse being a woman  >:(

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

Phew in the nicest way I am so glad I am not alone with this. The nails are so annoying .  I might try the vaseline on the nipples as well ;D ;D