Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FEMOSTON Anybody????  (Read 28317 times)

Milamam

Re: FEMOSTON Anybody????
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »

Hi Millykin,

I am on Femoston 2/10 for 6 months already and i didn't get a bleed during two on those months. My doctor said that this is due to my own cycle subsiding with time and to expect more period-free months from now on. Even though i didn't get a bleed this month my womb lining was ok, meaning that I am probably not building enough lining this minth to be shread. He definitely said not to worry so I am relieved.

All the best

Milamam

Millykin

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

Hi Hurdity
No don't mind you answering my question  :D much appreciated.
Milamam thanks for reply.
I understand you wont always get a bleed and GP not bothered either. I feel good on Femoston and just a little extra boost of energy when taking progesterone (strange i know)so wondered why i couldn't have that everyday too  ;D (just chasing the good bit)  What confuses me as well is .... If you are on a cycle HRT you take oestrogen 4 weeks with 2 weeks progesterone added right? but you use the Mirena coil as progesterone part (and contraception) and take oestrogen only tabs every day so the coil is a constant release of progesterone? perhaps a lower dose in mirena coil? I need contraception as well and was thinking of Mirena coil but things are pretty good just now with Femoston so dont want to upset that. Anyone any experience with non hormone based coil?

Millykin x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

Hi Milkykin
The Mirena releases a very low dose of progesterone over 4 years which will keep the womb lining thin.  The progesterone in the Mirena can still cause some side effects but is good if you need contraception well.
If Femoston suits you then I would stick with it as the progesterone in it is kinder.
Once you become post meno then you could move to the continuous version of Femoston.
DG x

Millykin

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »

Thanks DC
Ye will stick with Femoston it has been good with me and don't want to upset things when feeling ok, just a little bit of health anxiety at times lurking in background need to learn to deal with thanks for reply
Millykin
X

DIANEJ

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »

Hello everyone, not been on here for a while.... but here goes.  As my previous post I've been taking Femoston for several months, however although the sweats have disappeared off the face of the earth I had been experiencing a constant lower back ache and pains in my stomach lower around ovary level and felt bloated.  Because I couldn't get an appointment with my meno. clinic and decided to bite the bullet and come off the hrt.  I felt fine for weeks and low and behold exactly 4 weeks after stopping the Femoston along came my period.  I felt on top of the world.  Could it be possible things were actually working again??  I have since been to my appointment at the hospital and my nurse has said great.... it is in fact possible that your ovaries can go to sleep, wake up and start working again.  This was exactly what I wanted to hear, but another week on I have been having a disturbed sleep and 1 or 2 night sweats.  Could this be menopause symptons sneeking back up on me?  My nurse did say that on stopping the hrt if I were to get any symptons they would probably occur within a week.  It has now been 6 weeks since I stopped taking the Femoston.  She did however say that should symptons reoccur then maybe I should try a patch and has suggest Evorel Sequi 50mg? Was just wondering what anyone thought of these bearing in mind I have already put 1 stone on whilst taking hrt which I am really not happy about.  I still continue to have the pain in my lower stomach and can't see a decent doctor until 29th Dec. Please can someone give me their thoughts.  Thank you in advance x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »

Hi and Welcome back DIANEJ
You are obviously still peri menopausal and this is why you had a period - your ovaries will be kicking in and out.
I had experienced a premature menopause with symptoms starting in my mid 30s. The same thing happened with me when I was 40 and had a complete reassessment of my HRT treatment when I decided to go privately. They took me off HRT for a month, I had a period and they then did a blood test.  My FSH level was high which meant I was peri menopausal and they prescribed one pump of Oestrogel per day with separate progesterone to take for 10 days each month.
Your problem will be the fluctuating hormones which is typical of the peri meno stage. You may still get the occasional period and the flushes etc will come and go.
Patches may be worth a try but they tend to be medium dose and at this peri stage they may give too high a dose. Patches also have the synthetic progesterones which can give more side effects.
The lower abdomen discomfort could be more to do with your digestive system - bloating and wind are a typical meno symptom.  We tend to put on weight with the menopause and HRT isn't usually the main culprit.  Appetite can improve with HRT so we are likely to eat more and this will mean we put on weight.  From the start of the menopause we need to eat less generally and get enough exercise.
If you were feeling good on Femoston then I'd go back on. Perhaps look at how much you eat and what you are eating to see if you can get your weight under control.  Lack of sleep and feeling tired will make us crave sugary things which also doesn't help. I have consciously cut down my food portions by a third over the last year and managed to loose about 4-6 pounds.
I have just had a year without HRT and my fat seems to be sitting around my hips and tummy.  I'm back on HRT now -  so I'm hoping my figure will return a bit, especially as I have a bit more energy to exercise.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen to get really clued up.
Dg x

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

Hi DIANEJ

Jus to add please do make sure you go to see your doctor about the pains just to make sure there is nothing untoward.

Also, despite what your nurse says there is nothing typical about how long after stopping HRT symptoms recur - it could be longer than a week ( as in my case) - and sometimes they come back very gradually as you are finding ( ie the night sweats) and was the same for me. Strangely enough I had constant low/pelvic/backache when I came off HRT - after about two months, which disappeared once I re-started!

I would go ahead with the Evorel sequi and give it a go....

Hurdity x

peegeetip

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »

Hi Diane

I think the nurse you spoke to is trying to be nice and well meaning however the she's leading you on.

"it is in fact possible that your ovaries can go to sleep, wake up and start working again"

Sorry but unless the nurse has some new therapy its incorrect.
The symptoms coming back just emphasizes that she's wrong.

I'm amazed at the "old wives" tales that do the rounds.

Same goes for one of your top worry, gaining weight.

HRT is not going to make you pile on the pounds.
When your on the combined tablet the progesterone part actually burns more calories.

The norm is to gain weight as we grow older unless we are lucky and have a great metabolism or watch what we eat forever as you've done for a limited period with WW.

Hope you get some more relief with the HRT and get the aches and pains double checked as others have said. 

:-*
Pages: 1 [2]