Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hot weather and menopause  (Read 14610 times)

latefortysomething

Re: Hot weather and menopause
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »

Sorry....but bring back the cold weather....I know!  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »

Not cold, just not as hot.

Went for a lovely paddle. Waded in so far I got my bum wet  ;D. So refreshing though. I even coaxed hubby in. After he stood there like a big girl he enjoyed it.

Honeyb
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »

It is sooo humid today - I'm feeling exhausted with it.  Took the dog down to the beach and we paddled - so divine. Just can't motivate myself as I become drenched in sweat whenever I exert myself.  My poor husband is working in London at the moment and he says it's truly dreadful at the moment - I do feel for him. At least with him away I've got the bed to myself and I can spread eagle to keep cool. It's supposed to be fresher tomorrow - oh yes please! DG x

Witches Cat

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »

I've never been a heat and sun person, I love the winter months, I find if I'm cold I can pull on another wooly, but if I'm hot.... I can't cool down. It takes over an hour to get to the nearest beach and in a hot car that's no fun.  I'm sweating like it's going out of fashion, and back on full HRT cuz trying to cut down made me worse than ever. Getting caught in the heaviest rainfall for a century here (it seemed like it), was really quite nice a fortnight ago. The bedroom's in the roof  and has 2 veluxes, and the fan goes full tilt, but is so noisy, you can either roast in the quiet, or be kept awake in the draught by the noise. Meno and heat?  no thanks, but how do decline the offer??

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »

We can't and our houses are not made for this kind of heat. Carpets and curtains, no air con....Not good.
I do enjoy the blue skies though. Scotland can be a very grey country in the winter so to see some sun is wonderful.

Our little beach was full of visitors today. I did worry though about a guy in a kayak who paddled out to sea. His wife and kids and another man were on the beach watching. He did have on a life jacket but he was paddling into one of the deapest inshore channels in Europe. What looks like an ordinary beach when the tide is out just falls off a cliff a bit further out. It takes super tankers that come so close to shore you can hear the ship's captain talking to the crew.

Sorry I digress but the sight of that little boat heading out into the channel has bothered me  :P

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

Did he get back OK  :-\ ……...

bev567901

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 08:55:59 PM »

I have always been able to sit in it for hours. Last year was a bit uncomfortable but this year woah! I only started meno symptoms Spring 2013 so I guess this is the new norm now. I sat out for an hr the first hot day we had back in May & I haven't been out in it since. I felt like I had been on a beach with no sun cream for an entire day. I thought it was my HRT patch but think my skin has changed. I feel like I have that sun burnt feel even when I am indoors. Sadly we have a glass roof in the room I have to spend most of my time due to work & it's hell!!! I have a new fan, windows & doors open (sod the flies this year) & when I have a shower I don't dry my hair or use a towel. This is extreme hot for the UK though, I bet we may miss it when it's gone. School broke up
Today so it's bound to start raining :) No wonder people in hot countries have a daytime siesta I have been saving things like lawns etc for the evening. B x

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »

I don't know CLKD, he was still paddling out when we left the beach. We have a lifeboat station in the next town two miles away so I'm sure he would have been fine. It was a worrying to see him so far out in a bit of a toy boat. He took a fishing rod out with him. We have basking sharks out there at this time of year  :o

House is so hot tonight. Going to head for a very cool shower soon.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »

This is not going to paint a pretty picture. Lying on top of the bed, barely covered, hair plastered to my head ( it's getting the chop next haircut, goes all straggly & flat in the heat which I'd forgotten). Managed to get some sun despite factor 50!

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »

Just had a cold shower and feeling a tiny bit cooler. Discovered a lovely insect bite on my leg. Developing into a nice blister.

You sound hot and bothered CG. My hair is also driving me nuts, my head sweats a lot  ::)

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »

Fed up now.

Hot weather means windows have to be open.
This means very small biting insects get in, know they're small as mesh insect screens on windows keep bigger beasties out. Wednesday is patch change day, later on that day got horrible itching near patch. Thought I was getting allergic to patch, extreme panic. Turned out to be an insect bite, yes one of those which turn into blisters. Fun when changing patch this morning trying not to break blister.

This morning I found a bite on my throat, more panic, I have a history of extreme swelling with insect bites, the throat is not a good place to get bitten for me!

Looking for anti-histamines........

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »

Hope you are feeling ok Limpy. I too don't react well to some insect bites either. Horse flies are my problem. I was bitten yesterday and have a lovely blister. Not terribly big this time but so itchy.

It's much cooler here today. A nice break from the heat.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 12:47:05 PM »

Thanks Honeyb - Found the anti-histamine so now am staying inside and keeping cool.
The throat bite is now coming up with a blister, hopefully it won't swell too much with the AHs.

Know what you mean about Horse flies though, I have had bites on my feet which have meant shoes would not go on. Luckily it only affected one foot at a time  ;D

Not as sunny today but still very warm, supposed to rain later.

Linsey44

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »

Dont know if this will be of any use to you ladies feeling the heat.

When i was in cyprus recently i washed several face cloths then rolled each of them uo and stuck them in the freezer for my hot moments or when i came back in after trailing about.

Quite refreshing freezing cold cloths with the smell of fresh laundry.  Aaahhh

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

Some of the cyclists are wearing gel packs around their necks on the time trial ……… idea perhaps?
Pages: 1 [2] 3