Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any other ladys on tridestra?  (Read 5184 times)

edwina hughes

Any other ladys on tridestra?
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »

Hi everyone are there any other ladys on tridestra? I would like to know how got on with it and did it settle down your symptoms x thanks for your help x

edwina hughes

Re: Any other ladys on tridestra?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »

Hi stellajane ,i am still in the estrodiol stage of the packet ,I feel terrible ,nausea like morning sickness vomiting this morning . spend al day just trying to keep a handle on my symptoms . :-\

edwina hughes

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »

Hi stellajane,
Thank you for advice ,
I have been to my GP 3 times feel like I am bothering them  :-\
I have now contacted private gyne Dr at local private hospital.
The GP I saw yesterday said he would do a referral letter,but was not wiling to change my HRT as was not his area of expertise ,The vomiting is so bad that I have started taking travel sickness meds to help with the nausea and vomiting I am a nurse I understand GP are busy but I feel so ill with this ,I take thyroxine and am worried this is not being absorbed with the sickness ,feeling low and worried, The private hospital said I could be seen tonight but the GP has not left the referral letter on the system so it can  not be fax over I also need my medical insurance to approve consultant so need letter . So I will have to wait until the GP  is back in hopefully tonight to fax referral over to private consultant ,then rebook the appointment.
I don't have a lot of patients at the best of times when the solution is in front of me its really had to stay patient but I don't have a choice I cant be seen without a referral  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »

Also oral HRT is known to affect thyroid meds so I think means you need to take a higher dose of thyroid to get the same result - can't quite remember! I agree with Stellajane - too many meds making you feel ill. I would try to get your HRT from transdermal method - patch or gel - but you would still need progesterone, and perhaps a shorter cycle. Never feel as if you are bothering them! It is their job to treat you until you feel better, if they can!

Hurdity x

edwina hughes

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »

Dear lady's ,I saw the consultant last night at the private hospital,he listened to my story of symptoms history etc. ,I had swab examine etc.he has arranged for me to have a ultra sound scan to rule out fibroids ovarian cyst etc  plus bloods and hormone levels .after that he said he would look at changing my hrt .I Told him about my low mood and despair with the burning down below which seems to be back even with vagifem.he chatted briefly about amitiptaline or citalapram  if things don't improve so now I am waiting for scan ,the nausea has settled and I am to scared to stop HRT as my symptoms were so bad .Anyone else had amitriptaline to help or citalapram.he didn't give me this said he would write to my gp .so I will just have to wait x