Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just saying hello  (Read 1781 times)

Unhappy

• First Flush
Just saying hello
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »

Hi ladies

I just wanted to say hi.

I have been reading posts and info etc.  You all sound so nice.  I too am trying to navigate this nightmare called menopause, I just wish for the old me to come back, the one that saw the funny side of most things, the one that was quick with a smile, the one that people liked to be around not the one where people are walking on egg shells around me!

I have just spent the last two days crying!  Me the laid back one!  At least I have read as much as I can about this so I know generally what's going on.  What I can't understand is that even though I know that the crying and anger (my poor hubby I think I have ruined his self esteem), are results of my hormones how come all rationality goes out of the window.  I am constantly shocked at all of these symptoms that keep appearing.  Just when you think you have experienced every thing bang there's another one to deal with!

I am awaiting results of blood tests and hopefully I'm going to give hrt ago.  I don't know if that's the right way to think, but I would really like the old me back again (even if it's a watered down version).

Sorry for my ramblings these are just a few of my thoughts and it's feels good to be open and share with out being judged.

Thanks    :)

Suzyq

Re: Just saying hello
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:47:45 PM »

Hi and welcome! It's awful isn't it? Hope you get some help soon

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »

Hi Unhappy

Welcome to MM   

You are not rambling, just describing how you feel, you are not alone.

There is some  "Advice for Husbands" on here somewhere, that could be useful to print off, it was useful for me when this meno thing started and talking to my OH about it. - Just found the link...... http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

Good luck with the HRT, a lot of women finds it helps enormously.

:welcomemm:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:56:07 PM by Limpy »

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »

Hello Unhappy and welcome from me too.

I am amazed at the emotional problems that arise from the menopause and the irrationality of it is so frustrating. The good news is that the knowledgeable ladies on this site are here to help you.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Unhappy

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:01 AM »

Hi ladies

Thank you all for the warm welcome.  Sorry I have not responded until now.  This site is just amazing, it hasn't solved all my problems, but I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one going through this crazy thing.  It is so helpful when members post their experiences and how they managed.  What with the factual info and members imput, it goes to providing a wealth of information.  Does any one know if their is an Australian version of MM?  I live in Australia, it would be nice to also converse with any  ladies  from here too.

Keep on posting, not so Unhappy today............