Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Noisy places  (Read 9554 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Noisy places
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »

:scottie:  mine only barked when there was a strange noise in the night! however, she used to sing  ;D

There is a child which screams locally, I'm going to shout back before long  :argue:  ..........

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:53 PM »

Kids shout and scream and cry......It's just what they do. I'm sure I did, my kids did and we have to try to be tolerant. Not easy sometimes but they are just kids.

I like hearing little ones play..

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »

I like hearing little ones playing but this is a child that screams when it doesn't get it's own way!  We have 3 down here that do that and of course, parents ignore them.  Well I won't! I want peace and quiet and if kids scream, take them inside - and don't get me started on trampolines  :cuss: :beat:

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »

So the parents should give in? I'm afraid these outbursts are best ignored, otherwise child wins every time.  My daughter was a screamer but not half as bad as eldest GD.  Not always possible to take them inside. What if you're in the supermarket? My niece's wee one threw a corker in supermarket, she ignored him. I feel sorry for parents who have screaming kids, but not something we as outsiders can do. Not our business.

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

Hello ladies.

I've already commented on this thread to say that I also struggle with noisy and crowded places but I had to chime in to defend the kiddies! 

Children can be demanding but that is part of growing up, parents know this and either respond or not according to the circumstances.  Indulging in noisy outdoor play is important, I did it, my children did it and it's only right that other people's children can do it.

There's a screaming little girl near me and the fact that her exuberant play grates on my nerves is my problem, not hers. When it gets really bad I remind myself that her mother will be menopausal herself one day, as will she. What goes around, comes around and in the meantime I intend to cut her a little slack ( it's just her age, after all! ).

Wishing you all well ladies and take care.

K.

Limpy

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »

I find this noisy kid thing very difficult.

We shouldn't say anything because it's not our business?
Yeees - But when it's screaming at 100DB it becomes my business, it can't be ignored!

The thing that really gets me is when parents take kids to pubs/restaurants and the child gets fractious and is then sent to go off and scream elsewhere. That too is difficult to ignore.

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

It's really difficult as some kids are more vocal than others.

My kids had a trampoline, a huge swing set and slide with a play platform. They camped out in the garden, played swing ball and rode bikes up an down the street. We were in a new housing estate filled with young families. We had a few older people but they must have seen what it was like before they bought.

When our kids grew older we moved somewhere quieter but there are still kids around.
It's not always possible to keep them quiet. They should be allowed to.play and if we don't like it then it's our problem not theirs.

Honeyb
x

dulciana

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »

There's a young family in the flat next door to us, with a toddler and a new baby.  The toddler has taken to singing whenever he wakes up in the morning.  It sounds as if his bedroom is obviously next to ours and as everyone's got their windows open in this warm weather, his singing comes floating through to us.  It's ever so sweet!   Not too loud, not too tuneful (!) but a very happy little sound!    :) :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:50:26 PM by dulciana »

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

Oh bless, what a lovely thing to waken up to.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

Aww that's sweet.

Neighbour's kid used to get a ticking off for playing kerby with a ball when she was little, from another neighbour. We live in an area where everybody moved in about 25+ years ago. Our kids all went to local school. Now we're all grandparents or soon will be. I love hearing kids have fun.

My kids played outdoors & I'm happy to say daughter let's eldest outdoors to play too. To hang with keeping kids indoors. Teach them road safety, stranger danger etc but let them be kids.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »

But don't let them scream in order to get their own way  :cuss:

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »

What would suggest that the parents do CLKD ?

It's very difficult to keep kids quiet. There are a few around me at the moment that cry quite a bit.  It's the hot weather and they get tired and cross along with mum who is also probably tired and cross.

Having children on holiday for seven weeks over the summer is a long time. If they go out and play and give you a bit of peace then that's a wonderful thing  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »

Put a stop to it!  We were not allowed to annoy the neighbours! there's a thread running in the Telegraph everyday about the same topic does that mean we are in vogue  ;D

I sat in R garden early and thought how lovely it would B if there wash't any traffic  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »

They need to be free CLKD. You must feel couped up sometimes & long to get out, so do children. As adults we have learned to contain that energy, but children need to be free to run off energy. Yes they will scream, just doing what kids do.  So many parents keep their children indoors these days for safety more than anything. And no I'm not one of these Hippie style mums, far from it. Just think kids should have fun outdoors. In fact during my nursery nurse days, if we didn't take the kids outdoors, parents complained.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »

Many of the children play nicely down here, almost all day.  Parents sit and talk 2-gether.  Watching.  Shushing where necessary.  We have play-areas in the village, are surrounded by fields and forests so many do get out and about.  There is really no excuse for annoying others what ever age  :bang: ……….
Pages: 1 [2] 3