Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel need advice  (Read 3494 times)

Tm666uk

Estrogel need advice
« on: July 19, 2014, 07:09:28 AM »

Hi looking for a bit of advice . I'm 44 in early menopause I have the mirena coil and taken estrogel and was all going fine :) , until now !!! I'm getting the symptoms again can't sleep , hot flushes , nausea do I up the gel ?
I also fell recently broke my wrist in 3 places on my right and broke the distal radius on my left :( I'm now out of plaster and recovering but could this have set the symptoms off ?
I have an app to get a Density scan on the 29th , this isn't really much fun :(
Oh and my Alopecia is back Dr always say they don't know the cause can anyone tell me if this is a symptom , if they have had it any advice would be greatly welcomed .

It's just as well I'm a happy go lucky positive person who smiling through it all keeps me going :)

Just like to say thank you in advance any advice is very much appreciated :)

Tm666uk

Re: Estrogel need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »

Thanks SellaJane
I too have thyroid problems although they assure me the medication clears up all the symptoms I'm unconvinced , I take 2 pumps at the moment so will try 3 see if that helps .The not sleeping doesn't bother me so much as doesn't being hot that makes a nice change but the Nausea eww :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »

Hormone problems are not always sorted with medication!  Some thyroid function blood results come back 'within normal limits' but patients still require treatment.  Thyroid problems can cause tiredness or hyperactivity and need careful monitoring.

Alopecia is often related to stress.  It can be patchy or all over ………. there is no known clinical cause.

Where is the scan being taken, the pelvic area is the densist.  (density).  Did you fall forwards?

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »

There does seem to be a connection to hormones (including thyroid) and uticaria http://thyroid.about.com/b/2004/07/19/hives-linked-to-autoimmune-thyroid-disease.htm

I frantically researched it all when I came down with uticaria out of the blue, which fortunately only last about six weeks.

Its possible that that alopecia is an auto immune problem, which ties in with your other problems Stellajane.

Tm666uk

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »

Yeah I fell forward put my hands out to protect my face , managed not to break my teeth but burst my nose lip and chin , it is the pelvic scan I'm going for they said I was to get checked for Osteoporosis 

Thanks for the link will check it out , when I say to the Dr I'm still dizzy tired cold dry skin ect ect all I get is your levels are fine and they don't offer anything else .

Yes I get hayfever but funnily enough it hasn't been bad this year yet which is unusual I'm usaully taking anti histamines every day by now but I've only needed the odd one , and yes got a sensitive skin and get allergies to different things I have to be careful :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »

OUCH! so both wrists took the brunt of the fall.   :bighug:

Tm666uk

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »

Yip it was very ouch :( couldn't do anything was so frustrating fortunately I have a very good supportive hubby , we did get some great laughs through it ;)