Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: day out today panic!  (Read 5672 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: day out today panic!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »

What did you watch this morning? I like the house selling programmes  ;)

dulciana

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »

Good to know I'm not alone, and reassuring to hear other people's experiences of this sort of thing.  I read all these postings gratefully.  I find there are certain situations I have to avoid; also, that it helps to know I can go out for some fresh air whenever I need to.

2cats

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

Hi dulciana,

glad the posts helped you too. :)  As for situations you have to avoid...are they ones you don't care about missing out on?  I know that I "force" myself to take on anxiety-provoking situations that I still want or need to be part of in order to convince my brain that there is nothing to be scared of.  To avoid them only makes the monster bigger!

I hate the idea that Meno symptoms can limit my life experiences so try to face as many as possible (though I still have quite a few to conquer!) 

Small steps are what's needed...I know that I "need" an aisle seat now, yet last month unexpectedly had to sit mid row for a very special occasion, that wild horses would not have dragged me out of, and so though anxiety tried to convince me to leave, I used my coping strategies and found that the levels of panic did fade away.
Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]