Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety condition causing a falsely high blood pressure reading  (Read 12568 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety condition causing a falsely high blood pressure reading
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »

See, told you so  ;D  :na:  ……. don't let any GP put you onto statins until you have had a thorough BP check - wearing a monitor for 3 days if necessary  ;)

Rhubarb

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »

I brought back Dandelion's thread from six months ago because I had the same question about anxiety and BP. Thanks for all the new responses. Zelda, that makes me feel better knowing your BP was good on the 24 hour monitor. And Sammy you sound exactly like me and your post gives me hope that mine will be lower if I try to fit in walking/exercise every day and start checking my BP at home. Thank you!

Rhubarb

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »

If you concentrate on lowering your blood pressure naturally then it eases the panic

http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Yourlifestyle

http://christinestuart.hubpages.com/hub/Relieve-High-Blood-Pressure-Naturally

If you blood vessels are health and elastic its natural for blood pressure to rise and lower in accordance with what the body and mind is doing and feeling, its when it is raised and stays raised then is not healthy for the body.

Thanks for this, silverlady, I'll give it a try :)

sammy

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 01:58:49 AM »

I brought back Dandelion's thread from six months ago because I had the same question about anxiety and BP. Thanks for all the new responses. Zelda, that makes me feel better knowing your BP was good on the 24 hour monitor. And Sammy you sound exactly like me and your post gives me hope that mine will be lower if I try to fit in walking/exercise every day and start checking my BP at home. Thank you!

You are so welcome!  I was really afraid of the BP and meds, etc, but mostly afraid of all these changes and how could they be happening?  Go ahead and try the lifestyle changes - they are so helpful.  I hope your BP improves wonderfully.  Thank you for thanking me - made me feel good  :)

Rhubarb

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 04:08:13 AM »

You are so welcome!  I was really afraid of the BP and meds, etc, but mostly afraid of all these changes and how could they be happening?  Go ahead and try the lifestyle changes - they are so helpful.  I hope your BP improves wonderfully.  Thank you for thanking me - made me feel good  :)

You're welcome right back at you! It's what you said about it being the "idea" of having a BP problem and the threat of meds that's just exactly what I feel. Maybe I'll actually get that home monitor out of the box tomorrow. And try not to be afraid even if I get a high reading. I just have to remember that I have control over this and I can make it improve, like you :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »

Don't use it after eating  ;)

DH took his BP every morning before breakfast ……. once home his became within normal limits  ::)

sammy

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »

Don't use it after eating  ;)

DH took his BP every morning before breakfast ……. once home his became within normal limits  ::)

CLKD is right about this.  I checked online about what is the "correct" way to take BP.  Don't eat or exercise within 30 mins.  Make sure your back is supported, feet on the floor, not crossed, arm is supported and at the same level as your heart.  Do not talk during the test.

I try and make each test as identical as the last, meaning, same chair, same posture, etc.

In clinic they parked me on an elevated bed, feet dangling, arm dangling and started asking me questions in the middle of the reading.  I was annoyed!
Pages: 1 [2]