Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Depression and concentration  (Read 7050 times)

Lady D

Re: Depression and concentration
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »

There are 2 types of depression, 'situational'/clinical and organic though many Practitioners do not recognise the latter  :'(.  I have both plus anxiety which can cripple me at the drop of a hat  :-\

All medications have side effects ……….. some are tolerable others not.  I had 4 goes before I found an AD which suited me, sort of; the side effects are present but far better than the depression which left me unable to get out of bed.

They don't help with concentration though ……… as my head feels muggy so concentration is difficult.

Did your GP do the 'depression questionnaire' before suggesting a prescription?  Low mood is TOTALLY different from depression ……… without medication I wouldn't be here.

Apologies if a daft question but can you explain the difference between the two types please?  And whilst I get low mood is different to depression can it lead to depression?

Kelly

Re: Depression and concentration
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 09:41:16 AM »

Feel for you so much Fortysomething . Its hard especially if you are like me and hate taking medication. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. If you ask for Hrt I am sure the doc will give you them and you can take them first to see how you get on then try ADs. Sending lots of hugsxxxx
Kelly
Pages: 1 [2]