Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet  (Read 2900 times)

undergroundbarbie

Elleste duet
« on: July 15, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »

Hi, I've been on ellest duet for about nine months and all was great to start with, hi energy, no mood swings, no night sweats or flushes, but last couple of months have been a return to the nightmare. I'm still fine when on white tablets but two days into green and everything returns, but energy levels are worse than before. Has anyone else experienced this?  :(

renee

Re: Elleste duet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »

I'm on Elleste Duet and have just increased my dose to 2 mg, 5 days ago as symptoms have returned....this is my 3rd month on it.

Before Elleste I was on Climagest 1 mg was ok for about 6 months then symptoms returned and increased to 2 mg.....8 months after all the symptoms returned!!

Hot or a miss at times xx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »

Sorry to hear this undergroundbarbie. It depends on how far into menopause you were when you started HRT. As you get further into meno oestrogen levels drop so symptoms may return.

If you are on the lower dose ( 1 mg) maybe increase to 2 mg like renee?

Also some women do find they react badly to the norethisterone in the green tablets - but I can't explain why you would suddenly react after feeling OK for the first 9 months?

Maybe if it is definitely only on the green tabs, perhpas it's time to try a different type of HRT. Femoston is one that is generally well tolerated so perhpas try this at the same dose as the Elleste, and also possibly increase the dose later too?

Hurdity x

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »

Thanks, been to GP this morning and have been changed onto Prempak-C 0.625mg, will give that a go. I'm 51 now and started peri menopause at 45, coped quite well till about two and half years ago but the symptoms of night sweats, constantly disturbed sleep and persistent flushes began to take its toll, even less manageable when you work shifts.
Keeping my fingers crossed,
 :)

renee

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »

That's good your trying something else.

All you can do, good luck xx