Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie saying hi  (Read 4085 times)

hotdoris

Newbie saying hi
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking for ages and have now signed up as a member.

I am not a great poster so probs will read more than post.

Just a quicky about me

i am 51

last 6 months periods becoming irregular

insomnia

Sex drive down

Moods up and down

pelvic pain

tingling extremities

Mexican wave dozen times a day

inner arms started to look like Austrian blinds with dodgy cording the skin has very quickly become majorly saggy despite me being a bit of a gym bunny

But my worst symptom to date, and one i have not seen reported anywhere, but here goes, (which i guess could be read as 'do we become more intolerant as part of meno)

My DH of 25 years, i cannot any longer bear to hear him eat, the noise is unbelievable and turns my stomach and i want to throw his plate at him.

i could almost guarantee it is new, and only recently have i noticed this and it is only at home (mm paranoia or is he doing it on purpose to annoy me)

he has all his own teeth and no issues with them

but seriously it is driving me wacky, i can no longer bear to sit and eat  with him so i tend to leave my meal, maybe i am overly hot after cooking therefore tolerance is low, but i would seriously love to hear i am not alone with this. and i would not want to hurt his feelings by mentioning it to him

i will be checking out HRT options on the forum and will probably have some questions, but for now, that's me

regards

Doris

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:57:38 AM by hotdoris »

hotdoris

Re: Newbie saying hi
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »

Thanks Sparkle you have no idea how much better you have made me feel in knowing i am not alone

thanks for the welcome too

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »

Oh you are so not alone. My hubby blows his nose far too much and it makes my stomach heave  ::). He also does this little snory puffy thing and it seems to hit my face or neck. I could strangle him quite happily.

I do love him dearly, just not while he is nose blowing and snoring  :lol:

Honeyb
x

hotdoris

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »

Hi Honeybun,

You so made me smile

;D

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »

Hi Hotdoris, love the name  :)
I have a son and husband who both eat/slop their food with mouth open and my stomach churns. Sometimes I politely say '' can you shut your mouth when you eat please as its quite rude and off putting'' but I can still hear the chomping when their mouths are closed, its just awful.
My upper arms are still ok at present but my god I dont know whats happened to my bum !! its gone like an out of date cucumber (not in shape but in the way it feels)
Sometimes my husband even seems to walk stupidly these days  ::)
xxx

hotdoris

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »

Oh No Everyones mum, you have it in stereo poor you

my DH's gait is not annoying me at the moment but i have to confess to a rant at some random teenager the other day for not picking her feet up, but i felt i had the right as she was wearing flip flops, lol she took in in good grace and said you sound like my mum

Cucumber bum, mmm i think daisy dukes are needed so you can share it with the world

xxxxxx

BTW is it me or is it moist today

nelliedee

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »

So moist that I very aggressively dragged a full size fan into the kitchen and placed it within 6 inches of my body for the best part of the day lol
Daisy dukes, now theres a blast from the past  ;D
x

Dippie

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 05:41:29 AM »

Totally normal.

I don't have a husband, just manchildren and a mancat, but sometimes I can't stand being around them either.

I don't know how people who have kids at "normal" ages can stand being around their teenaged daughters. Every time my friend's 15 year old walks into the room I want to leave and I have intrusive thoughts about saying the meanest things to her. It's not her fault at all, it just offends me that she exists.

nelliedee

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 06:19:13 AM »

;D ;D ;D

hotdoris

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

I hear you Dippy  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

Sorry but my daughter who is now 19  has been great. She may not totally understand but knows when I am down just by the tone of my voice and is always there with a big hug and a cuppa.

Don't know what I would do without her. She brightens my day.

Honeyb
x

Dippie

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

My 22 year old BOY of all people, has been a saint.  ;D

Maryjane

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »

Three daughters couldn't ask for better,very caring helpful members of society.

Dippie

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »

So glad to hear that! I have literally cried for the burdens of my imaginary "normal people" when thinking that my reaction to my friend's daughter was the norm.

;D ;D ;D