Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: PMT Horrendous After Long Gap  (Read 2793 times)

Machair

PMT Horrendous After Long Gap
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:20:46 AM »

After an 11 month gap I had a period- I knew it was coming as I had mucus discharge and felt hormonal. It was light and easy to manage.

Then I knew I was cycling again as still no night sweats as they stopped prior to the period. Well then starts PMT- just like the old days I used to suffer with but magnified 10 times!  No sign of another bleed- now on day 28 but have fuzzy head, feel bloated, ratty irritable and rather horrid! Feel like I am going to start everyday but nothing except maybe a hint of yellow discharge.

Anyone else have this horrendous PMT after long gaps in peri?

I think I prefer night sweats and no periods even with the rubbish nights.

bunnie

Re: PMT Horrendous After Long Gap
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »

:'( Yep that happened to me last month same length of time 11 months haven't felt right since I seem to have gone very quiet which is very unusual for me    :o

Machair

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »

Oh no Bunnie that is dreadful. Do you think you will have another period again? I really thought I was done, or at least I would have just one last period, but it looks like there is more drama ahead at least for now. Have your night sweats come back?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »

Try eating regularly throughout the 24 hours. Helps stop that anxiety surge.  Also make sure you are drinking enough.  It's awful, I remember it well from the 1990s  :'(

bunnie

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »

I hope I don't have another period and yes the night sweats are back Machair bloody awful and sooo tired again ::)

Machair

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »

My night sweats are still absent and PMT continues. I think I will have another period before this stops - feel very hormonal and shattered.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »

:bighug:   it's awful.  Grazing helps, I use dried fruits and nuts, bananas, ginger biscuits