Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hot Flushes or Flashes - Advice  (Read 6055 times)

Sharr76

Re: Hot Flushes or Flashes - Advice
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »

Hi all, latest update - I had about 8 lots of blood taken from me about two weeks ago, I had a message on my mobile from the docs asking me to call them.  I now have to go in on Monday, 7th July at 5.30pm to see the doc about my results.... :-\ I am now slightly worried!!  :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

Hi Sharr76

It's good that you having blood tests to give you a thorough check, and this can be a worrying time. There is nothing you can do at this stage so try to spend the weekend to relax doing something to take your mind off it until Monday evening and the time will soon pass.

Good luck on Monday - and let's hope everything is OK

Hurdity x

Sharr76

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »

Hi all  :)

well I have had my results and all is well so far!  My menopause count is 28, so I have to get to 35 before Im in the menopause area so the doc says.... :o

So I suppose its just a matter of waiting now  :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »

I'm sorry Sharr76 but if the doctor is saying you have to get to 35 to be truly menopausal(I assume this is your FSH level) then he/she is talking rubbish.  You had a hysterectomy at 29 and your ovaries died 6 months later and at that time the doctors put you on HRT - you were already in menopause at that stage!!!!!! How on earth can you not be in menopause now!!!!!
Also blaming HRT solely for the migraines when you'd been on HRT 16 years with no problems is strange - they should have done other investigations.
You are experiencing very real menopause symptoms and in fact may be seriously suffering with oestrogen deficiency because you were taken off HRT too early.  Did they tell you what your Oestrogen level was?
I would ask to be referred to a menopause clinic or if there isn't one in your area then be referred to a gynae to be properly assessed.  There are many HRTs to try and as others have suggested bio-identical transdermal HRT may be the way forward for you.
If I were you I would hot-foot back to your GP, ask for a bone density scan as you are worried the lack of oestrogen due the early withdrawal of HRT may be causing osteoporosis and also ask for a referral to the gynae.
Good luck  Dg x

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Totally agree with what DG has said.

Especially about blaming HRT for migraines when you hadn't been getting them for 16 years when you had been on HRT. That's so silly as to be embarrassing. Is there another GP at the practice you can speak to?

Also, is your menopause count the same as FSH?
It would be useful to know.

Good Luck
Pages: 1 [2]