Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Best place for hrt patch?  (Read 7858 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Best place for hrt patch?
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has found the best place that there patch sticks on and stays on.  I find that if I stick mine on just under my knicker line, I constantly catch it when getting changed.  Also, found at first they stuck really well but am now finding they start peeling off after a day or so.  Not actually sure how much hrt is getting into my body with all this unpeeling and un sticking!

Sarah x

Limpy

Re: Best place for hrt patch?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »

Lower abdomen, sort of alongside hip bone but away from worst excess blubber works best for me.
Buttock is ok, put you really have to consider knicker line.
Not easy when you've got to look behind you  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 01:03:11 PM »

Hip, buttock, tum so long as below knicker line. As for them not sticking, make sure skin is dry & lotion/oil free. Also make sure you hold on for long enough to adhere. I was told 10 seconds under a warm hand, but usually do it for nearer 30 seconds.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

I find the middle of the buttock the best place - have done it for over 7 years! Yes avoid knicker line or anywhere the elastic rubs - of course it depends what sort of knickers you wear  ;D

I tend to wear bikini/highleg/mini shorts or brazilian type so buttocks always covered! I always have to be careful with all my low-waisted shorts and jeans - to undo them properly especially in warm-weather when patches do tend to come unstuck more easily, as you would expect.

Also I always have a quick feel now and again to make sure it's still there! If they start to unpeel after a day then do the sticking down thing again ie warm palm etc. As I use Estradot which are tiny - the unsticking and peeling is not much of an issue but I can imagine it might be a bit more awakward for all the other makes of patch which are larger

Hurdity x