Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help for re load  (Read 3124 times)

LindaMiles

Help for re load
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:28:48 PM »

Hi ladies

Mine is not a problem of forced reduction but really need some HELP

Okay was prescribed Vagifem last August/Sept which appeared to work initially but found using 2 twice a week I started to be irritated by the pessaries, anyway long story short paid for private op to have my ureatha stretched as test proved that some of my burning issues that had returned was due to me emptying a full bladder but actually I contained over 50% which of course is not good, anyway op cured that and using vagifem now 1 twice a week. In April my oh lost his dad suddenly which he has struggled with so supported him and his family etc also we are due to marry in 4 weeks as well so wedding plans etc taking over..... I've been really silly I've forgotten about me. I had a smear in May which ended up giving me a UTI plus BV so had antibiotics which then gave me thrush blah blah blah   awful practice nurse..... But I let slip Vagifem and oh my god I'm suffering again so need to reload but really can't remember dosage, plus concerned it will irritate I have a prescription for Gynest cream which I can use internally and to be honest that got me through the day today until later this afternoon....we are having great weather but my job as an Area Supervisor means I'm mobile in and out of my car having to wear trousers due to health and safety re my job is not helping.

I'm back to waking up through the night to pee which can sting like  hell, insides burning, even when I walk the discomfort I have even taking pain killers.

I need help big time please as I would like to settle this by the 3rd August plus going on a honeymoon.  I am wondering was the Vagifem not actually irritating me but maybe I needed to take 2 x 3 times a week..... HELP PLEASE.

My H2B is a toy boy of 19 years and I'm 52 still having monthly periods to a degree not always on time and he's so patient and understanding and hates watching me in pain.

Thanks in Advance 

andius

Re: Help for re load
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »

http://video.coronapro.com/playvideo.php?c=RYWOkwYH

This is a good video on vaginal/vulvar issues.  You definitely sound like you need more local estrogen to me, but please watch the video as it discusses the different options.  If I were you, I would try to use more vagifem and then try some cream that you have for the outside tissues and see if that helps you. Reload  vagifem doses are usually 1/day for 2 wks then back to the 2/wk maintenance dose. Please check with you doctor before  changing anything to make sure there is nothing else like some sort of infection going on down there.

LindaMiles

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »

Thank you Andius :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

Have a chat with a Pharamacist if you can't get an appt with your GP  ;)

If I feel symptoms coming back I use a pessary for 2 nights ……… so I expect your GP will suggest starting over again to get on top of things.

Have you bought your wedding outfit?  ;)

Lynne888

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »

Yes as CLKD has mentioned, your GP will probably tell you to start over again. It happened to me.  I had to re-load, in fact I think I've done it about 3 times now. As I am more understanding of what happens to me now, if I feel symptoms returning I double up for a few days and it all calms down again.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »

Lynne - I do the same.  Saves having to make the appt. knowing that the GP in the main will say 'carry on'  ::).

What did you decide Chick?

LindaMiles

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »

Hi all

Thanks for advice I've decided to reload going to do 2x 10 days then 1 x7 days to see if it settles it.  Can't remember the original advice GP gave but I have an appt on the 18th July and she's a good GP so hopefully get me sorted.....

Still feeling a little niggly at times yesterday am I woke up with it and it stayed for a good part of the day and eased off :-) this morning woke up feeling better....

It's horrible our bodies do this to us..I can except our time for children is over but why does nature have to be so cruel to ask when we can finally start to enjoy life :-( I am not going to let it beat me I've 28 days to sort this before marrying the man I truly love and I know after all what I'm going through loves me!!!

CLKD. I have got my dress it's in the dressmakers being altered.... We are having a civil ceremony with my children and grandchild plus son in laws being a big part our wedding ( I have 7 children and 1 grandson and  1 granddaughter.. Not sure if you post pics on here of my dress as I've gone for ivory laced fitted dress I'm so excited and so is OH it's his first time.

Thanks for your help it's great to know you can come on here and get help from ladies who understand.  Also I've learnt that I've got to look after myself it's not just about others :-) xx

LindaMiles

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »

;D oops should read before hitting post button hope it makes sense .

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »

It makes sense to me …………  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »

No it doesn't to me! Do you mean you are going to use 2 per night for 10 days, then 1 per night for 7 days and then back to the maintenance dose of 2 per week? If so that is quite a lot, but still lower dose than the previously available 25 mcg Vagifem

Hurdity x