Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Migraines with Utrogestan - advice please!  (Read 7946 times)

Grumpy gal

Migraines with Utrogestan - advice please!
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »

Hi, I'm new here so hope this is the right place to post ;D I'm currently on Estraderm 25 patches, plus Utrogestan 200mg capsules on days 15-26. To start off with this worked brilliantly for me, however for the past 3 months I've been getting migraines, always around day 20 of my cycle. I'm due to go back to my GP on Monday and was planning on asking for a prescription for Utrogestan 100mg and double up the capsules (the 200mg has helpfully been discontinued!) but when she switched me over to this new regime from Elleste Duet she said that if I continued to get migraines she would have to take me off HRT altogether! I really don't want to come off it as the benefits far outweigh the side effects; I will even put up with the migraines if I have to! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Grumpy gal

Re: Migraines with Utrogestan - advice please!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »

Thanks Stellajane, I wonder if that might be worth a try. Are there any downsides to it, e.g. is it messy?!  ::)

SueRoe

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »

If your GP does take you off HRT altogether it might be worth reducing the dose gradually if you can. I stopped my HRT by just stopping the Utrogestan and taking the oestrogen patch off and had 2 migraines in the following few days. Good luck.

Grumpy gal

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »

Thanks for the advice ladies! Stellajane do you mean my GP is unlikely to prescribe 2 x 100mg capsules? I really don't want to come off HRT!

Grumpy gal

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »

Ah OK brilliant, thanks Stellajane!  ::)

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:06 AM »

Just take them vaginally, you dont need to ask...naughty naughty, it is a perfectly acceptable manner of taking them... ;)

Grumpy gal

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 11:59:53 AM »

Just an update, saw a different GP yesterday and she prescribed 2x100 mg capsules. I didn't ask her about using them internally, just going to try it next month and see if it's any better! Actually I only had one migraine this month with aura which lasted about 40 mins but no headache afterwards - strange. Thanks for all your help ladies  :-* :-*