Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: first day!  (Read 3777 times)

jules55

first day!
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »

Hi everyone,  having looked at this site many times, I have finally decided to join you all.  I am 55 and you would think well into my menopausal years, but I had nothing until 6 months ago, when I started bleeding suddenly after not having a period for 12months, I had all the tests which revealed polyps on my womb. I was told it was a simple process of having them removed. After this I started having hot flushes, and have put on loads of weight around my middle,  I have always been slim, but now I have slimish arms and legs, but look 5 months pregnant! The thing that worries me most is, recently I have these, what I can only describe as   electric shocks, which just happen out of the blue, and its always on my forehead, then I get a hot flush,  and I find the bigger the shock is, the hotter I get. Does any one else have these?.  .

Galadriel

Re: first day!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »

Hi jules55
 :welcomemm:
Yes I get these zaps between the eyebrows - no hot flushes with them, just zaps  :o
Like you, I have slim legs and arms but am starting to get a bit of a jelly belly.

Fun times ::)

Galadriel x

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »

I had those - they're horrible aren't they? Welcome to the site - lots of information and advice here

Xx

jules55

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Awww thank you, I already feel abit better knowing that I'm not going crazy just yet.  ;)This site is amazing, it's lovely to be able to chat to people who understand what your going through. Xx

meno lesley

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »

Was my very first symptom - had zaps in the left hand side of my head. Thought something awful was going on but 4 years on and on hrt it stopped. Very frightening at the time xx

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:38:46 PM »

Nope you're not going crazy, well no more than the rest of us.  ;D  Haven't had the zaps in my head, but know a flush is coming on from soles of my feet. Not too many though as on HRT, albeit a reduced dose as trying to wean myself off.

As for the jelly belly, oh yes, got one of those for sure. Maddening isn't it!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 06:46:30 AM »

Hi Jules - yes I get the zaps/****les too just before a hot flush/sweat hits.

This is a good explanation of why legs and arms are slim but tummies get fatter... http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/jodi-sawyer-rn/why-midsection-get-bigger-i-get-older

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:32:08 AM »

I was rifling through some holiday photos yesterday (not a good idea, I could have cried) up until my early fifties  before hyst I had a tiny waist and flat stomach, all effortless, I never dieted, I suppose it was made worse seeing myself tanned and fit in a bikini. My legs and arms were so slim.

Now I have a tummy below my belly button and my arms and legs are not so slim as they were, not so much walking, carbs, stress and  menopause have done it for me.

One thing I have noticed lately is that I have less appetite and don't crave sugar so much and I want smaller portions, and have started to slim down, so this maybe natures way of rebalance things after menopause and symptoms ( adrenal surges etc.) subside, plus keeping my estrogen patch low.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »

I am new and just dipping in and out but I noticed the end of your post silverlady and I could have written it word for word. I never attached this to menopause but this - 'I have less appetite and don't crave sugar so much and I want smaller portions, and have started to slim down' - is what I have noticed this year and my hot flushes are less and milder. I thought that after meno you just stay as what you have turned into but maybe not, maybe it levels out, what a nice thought.  See, something as simple as this has already started to make me feel better. There is magic in these pages.