Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Befuddled&Lostit  (Read 4083 times)

WilliamsLynda1

Befuddled&Lostit
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »

Hi, my doctor asked me to look at this site to see if it will help me, so here goes. I took Prempak C for 7 yrs and was happy. At age 51 I wanted to change it to the one where you didn't have a monthly break but I kept panicking over the amount of bleeding I was experiencing. At the time my doctor didn't tell me that, had I stuck with the new HRT, the bleeding would have eventually stopped. Instead, he asked me if I wanted to go back on Prempak C or nothing. I chose nothing, having no idea what I was letting myself in for. Fourteen yrs later, now aged 65, I am still having hot flushes with excessive sweating day and night. I wake up at least four times every night hot and sweating. I don't know what it is like to have a good night's sleep. During the day, just before I break out in a sweat, I have a deep dip in my mood. It's almost like a panicky despair. Fortunately, it only lasts for a minute. Once I've stopped sweating my mood goes back to normal. It's so disconcerting experiencing this endless times a day. I also have a great deal of muscle fatigue which I believe is connected to my body's inability to adjust to a normal post menopausal condition. I know several women suffering from a kick-back for this length of time after taking HRT. All my family and friends in my age group, who didn't take HRT, have past the menopause stage and are leading normal lives.

Joyce

Re: Befuddled&Lostit
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »

:welcomemm:

Sorry not much help. But I do sympathise. I took HRT break a while back & experienced flushes, sweats countless times day & night. Very little sleep, weepy, moody.

We're all different. Lots of help & support on here, but maybe need more help from your GP.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

:welcomemm:  a low dip of mood is 'common' immediately before a flush.  HORMONES  >:(

Have a browse of the menus left of screen, browse round, join in !  you're not lost now  ;)

WilliamsLynda1

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »

Thank you for the supportive replies. My doctor asked me to choose a medication from this site (sounds odd but I did ask to take Seratonin and Clonidine, but neither helped, so I may as well choose something else). It was a case of giving up and accepting that I might have to wait until I'm in my 70s (or maybe forever) before I can be free of these post menopausal symptoms. But I'm having another go at trying to get something to work. Anyone have any experience of Gabapentin (trade name: Neurontin or Horizant) in relation to their menopause flushes? I do have restless leg syndrome and Gabapentin may help with the muscle fatigue. But I'm worried that it may not be good for my feelings of despair just before a flush. Another one I looked at was Estradiol. It says it can be taken at any age. I have to wait until 10 July before I can see my doctor again. After 14 yrs, I guess another 2 wks can be endured LOL

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

:welcomemm: williamsLynda1   :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »

I suffered restless leg syndrome from about age 9 and found that several bananas daily, every day, eased symptoms completely.  Potassium?

WilliamsLynda1

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »

CLKD I hate bananas LOL so I'll have to look into potassium in another form!!!!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »

;D ………… many foods have potassium, the trick is to eat them regularly!