Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Swollen Feet & Ankles anyone??  (Read 3662 times)

lazyhazy

Swollen Feet & Ankles anyone??
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »

Hi, I'm 49 and seem to be having pretty much all the horrid symptoms associated with menopause sadly, but the one that my doctors says is not related to the big M is my swollen feet and ankles. I'm pretty fit and do lots of walking, which seems to make this worse. I have had some blood tests done to check my kidneys/liver/ thyroid etc which came back all ok. I was wondering if anyone else has had this, as I'm pretty sure its related despite what the doctor thinks.

Greyhoundgal

Re: Swollen Feet & Ankles anyone??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »

Hi LazyHazy,

I suffer from it too but have done for years - well before meno and HRT kicked in.  There is little they can do for it other than prescribing diuretics to try and stop the fluid building up.  Mine get far worse when the weather is humid and I have been know to sit with my feet in buckets of cold water to try and get some relief from it ;)

lazyhazy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

Thanks Greyhoundgal,
Yes, the hot weather seems to make it worse, and they stay swollen for days:( It really is debilitating isn't it? Will try the bucket trick! but am still at a loss as to why my problem has only started the last year or two.

Annika

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:59 PM »

Yes started getting it around 2 years ago noticed swelling mostly during the winter months..not sure why that is. I'm pretty fit no other health problems and not taking any meds either. I do get relief by elevating legs while sitting goes away after an hour or so.