Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: tinglng sensatons  (Read 18498 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: tinglng sensatons
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »

I'd give it at least 3-4 weeks. You're own hormones will probably still be giving spikes so I think you must expect your symptoms to fluctuate as well. Without giving things time to settle you won't ever find a balance.  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 10:53:40 PM »

Feeling much better already gynae said reduce to 2 mg. Only 2 days in & a lot of symptoms eased. Got all fingers crossed x

donnacrichton

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »

Hi today has been really rough feeling skin burning and anxiety. I am doing relaxation and CBT. When dropping from 4mg to 2mg I felt a relief as if I had been on too much estrogen. I have been taking 1mg at night and then 1mg in the morning. Should I stick with this or take the 2mg at night?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

Please, please, please don't keep changing your dosage - stick with 1mg in the morning and 1mg at night - this will give you a steady dose. It may not be the HRT that is causing the burning etc. - your own hormones may have done a surge. If your anxiety is caused by hormones then it will take some time for this to settle. Many ladies find they still get anxiety on HRT particularly if they have a history of anxiety and depression - this is why many need some ADs alongside HRT.
Be patient and allow your body to adjust - don't expect a quick fix.  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »

Thank you really appreciate the help x

angelindskiexx

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »

Hi today has been really rough feeling skin burning and anxiety. I am doing relaxation and CBT. When dropping from 4mg to 2mg I felt a relief as if I had been on too much estrogen. I have been taking 1mg at night and then 1mg in the morning. Should I stick with this or take the 2mg at night?

Gosh, I've been following your posts and really feel for you.  This is why I've been so reluctant to try HRT because of this very thing you are experiencing.  I still have bad days but not bad enough to take HRT (at the moment) - I guess if my symptoms were really bad I'd give it a go.  I have problems with vaginal dryness and twitching - I haven't had a period in 7 months but my body is changing again so I'm guessing my body is pushing for a period.  Had migraine aura, anxiety and depression last week so I know my body is up to its old tricks again.  I'm having my hormones tested again soon so I'll take it from there, but I'm not sure I fancy messing around too much with my body if it causes problems like you're having.   I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you get to feel better very soon!

Jess     :tulips2:

donnacrichton

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »

Thanks the support on here has been great when feeling desperate. Things settling a bit ( fingers crossed again lol). I have stuck to 1mg morning & night. Boobs are throbbing but sticking to dose. Have a feeling we have been upping dose looking fir relief. Good luck  great website and support and more knowledge than my GP x

donnacrichton

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »

hi things been settling ok been on weeks holiday which went quite well. Unfortunately was about 6 hours late taking a dose two days ago. Been a difficult few days. Can a delay in dose cause effect this quickly? Was nearly feeling normal & anxiety had got much better x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »

6 hours really shouldn't make much difference. I expect your own hormones have done a spike or dip. Keep positive.  Dg x

donnacrichton

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

Thanks still struggling tingling in head bad. Trying to keep positive with CBT had relief for nearly a week which was amazing
 Gynaecology has said to switch back to patches after 4 weeks if not good. Small glimmer of hope makes me wonder like you say would just cause more problems. Would really appreciate your thoughts x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »

Can't remember if you have tried Oestrogel with a separate progesterone e.g.Utrogestan.  Oestrogel can be good because you can adjust the dosage easily and because it is trans dermal it is often better absorbed.
If you preferred being on the patches(which are transdermal) then maybe this is the way to go. Perhaps try some low dose ADs alongside for a while to see if that improves things.  Many women need both HRT and ADs and do very well.
DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:10 AM »

Haven't tried the gel but have marina fitted. Was on patches and worked great for 7 weeks then symptoms came back. Scared if keep changing won't know. When I dropped pills from 4 mg to 2 mg bleeding stopped for 1 week buthas restarted and heavy. Sore breasts have now eased off and had a great week but bleeding and anxiety back. Already on amatriptyliine and they though tingling in the skin & head could have been nerves firing. Really appreciate your help. Transdermal has been the only thing that instantly helped x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »

To me it all sounds as though your own hormones are fluctuating - so sometimes the amount of oestrogen is good and then at other times it's too much and you start bleeding.  Keep going on the slightly lower dose for the next 4 weeks till you see the doctor again and then perhaps go back to the patches which you say were generally better.  I'm afraid HRT can't guarantee to help all meno symptoms - only when your own oestrogen level has bottomed out will you be able to stick to an amount that gives you consistency. Many women find they only get a certain amount of relief from symptoms but are happy to have less flushes etc. Personally I doubt you can fully control anxiety with HRT alone unless it is entirely hormone related. DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »

Thank you it feels like they fluctuate hourly. Anxiety also can disappear as quick as it arrives. Hot flushes arrived again with tingling scalp. Would it be easier to control with gel or will it cause further fluctuations as adjusting it? Thank you so much cor your help. Been bleeding for 3 years and running out of coping strategies x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »

I am baffled that the doctors don't seem to be able to control the bleeding - the Mirena should have sorted that so this is very strange.  Constant bleeding must be making you anaemic  - I hope you take iron. You shouldn't be getting hourly fluctuations and I think there must be other factors at play with your symptoms.
Definitely write down all your questions when you next see the doctor e.g.:
Why am I still bleeding all the time?
Why am I still getting so many flushes?
Why am I still suffering with bad anxiety?
Why do I get this tingling sensation?
Am I on the right ADs?
Writing questions down and giving them to the doctor makes them address these things properly.  Good luck  DG x

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4