Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: tinglng sensatons  (Read 18495 times)

donnacrichton

Re: tinglng sensatons
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

Thanks I have got my knickers in a knot. The full thing of not being in control scares me as had a breakdown of anxiety three years ago with symptoms of menopause but was told was too young for nearly a year. I will start a diary again. Thankfully on holiday from work for 6 weeks. I seem to need between 3/4 in pills.I will contact my GP  like the idea of gel as my own hormones are fluctuating. I am lucky already got my kids .Thanks for replies got my head straight I think x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »

It can be so overwhelming and until your find the HRT level that works for you it can be distressing.
I assume you have oestrogen pills that are 1mg each so this is how you can change your dose. Maybe stick with 3mg for a while and see how you go.
The advantage of the Oestrogel is that you can apply it either morning or evening or divide the applications into two and use some morning and some evening so you get a consistent dose.  If you do try Oestrogel I'd use one pump in the morning and one pump at bedtime - make sure it has dried for at least 10mins before getting dressed or putting night clothes on. See how you are for a week or two. If you are still getting too many flushes then increase by half a pump morning and evening for another couple of weeks. You can increase to a maximum of 2 pumps twice daily. I never needed more than 2 pumps per day but everyone is different. DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »

Hi thanks so much for a reply had really rough day. Started 3.5 last night as 3 seemed not enough going to start diary and hope things settle over next few days. I really appreciate all the replies it's a scary lonely place.x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 07:54:16 AM »

I'm just interested to know how you are taking your oestrogen. You say you are going to try 3.5mg? Are you cutting pills in half?
Are you getting any relief from symptoms e.g. flushes, night sweats etc. ?  When you say you are having a rough day, what kind of symptoms are you having? The weather is incredibly humid at the moment and no amount of HRT will prevent feeling really hot and sweaty right now!!! You sound so low? I still think you are experimenting with dosage so much it must be very difficult to know what is really working.
DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »

Hi I think you are right too many changes in panic. Symptoms are burning skin all over and thumping heart with tingling in the scalp. I am using tablet form and am using 3.5 and cutting a 1 mg. Went to 3 but was worse. Was hoping to stick with that and see how system settles. I do panic a bit now but do anxiety ma management and mindfulness. I know my symptoms are hormonal now and not psychological but still scary. Love having this site as you know people are in the same position and have more experience than visiting my GP  If I had a runny nose be would still say it's anxiety lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »

When anxiety takes over we go into 'not thinking straight' mode.  I had to make a list each evening of what I needed to do and when I took my medication. Ticking off as the day went by helped me to see what I had achieved.  It also focussed me a bit.

I can feel anxiety rattling this morning ……… no real reason  :-\  other than I've altered my medication recently. 

The body doesn't reach it's stage suddenly so it will take a while to absorb any changes in diet, exercise, medication etc..  "Rome wasn't built in a day …….. "

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »

Wise words CLKD.  Being patient is really not easy.  I do think we rush around and act on impulse so much of the time it's very difficult to be objective.

donnacrichton - is the burning skin a hot flush - do you break out in sweats? I think it is very easy to just blame hormones for everything when sometimes there are other issues at play. Please don't forget that your own fluctuating hormones may be influencing how you are feeling, so I'm afraid upping from 3 to 3.5 mg may not help that much.  Have you tried taking 2 mg in the evening and 1mg in the morning? Perhaps spreading the dose may help better so you get fewer peeks and troughs?
As I mentioned before, I found I got strange symptoms when I increased the oestrogen level - I felt terribly hot and panicky - it was clearly too much.  Finding the right amount can take time and will change as your own hormones drop or your body adapts.
Also, have you had your thyroid function checked as this can also give similar symptoms?  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 10:23:44 AM »

Hi sorry for keep on posting but looking for more advice. I have been sticking to 3.5 mg Elesste solo for 4 days I know this is a tiny piece of time butI am having thumping heart, tingling skin & head, flushes and sore chest. I know too little estrogen is flushes and too much is tender breasts. Is this just my body adjusting to the dose.

donnacrichton

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

Hi sorry hadn't seen previous post and I have had my thyroid checked and us fine. I definitely have anxiety issues also and work on that daily. I have separate flushes and burning skin. Some hours of the day feel completely normal then all hell breaks loose again. I have changed my diet lost a stone & half also walking 5 miles a day. Now this part is embarrassing but some hours out the day have the strongest sexual urges I have ever felt.Tried to explain this to go and looked at me like lucky you. It is not a comfortable feeling x

Maryjane

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »

Regards the sexual erges is it your head wanting sex, or you have the feeling down below but don't want sex. If the later look up PGAD.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »

It seems to me that you are getting too much oestrogen all at once.  I would try taking 2mg in the morning and 1mg at night or the other way round.  Give your body a steady supply of oestrogen and stick with this regime for at least a month to see how you feel. DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »

Its the feeling but don't want anything near me. My gynae today has said cut to two milligrams I am terrified and have a Holliday in 10 days feel like I can only go with their advice x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »

Try taking 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening and see how you feel in a week.  This is still quite a high dose and I think you are experiencing a reaction to too high a dose of oestrogen.  You are playing around with your dosage so much your body doesn't know where it is.  Let things settle.  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »

Thank you for everyone's support really need it. I feel all over the place was better off on 2mg patches with odd hot flush so they kept upping the dose. I know it's irrational but terrified  x

donnacrichton

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »

Hi sorry a bit slow what's PGAD dropped to two milligrams and my back is burning with shocks in the head. I know its a big drop from 3.5 to 2 mg how long before my system would take to settle x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4