Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curious ..  (Read 5010 times)

Galadriel

Re: Curious ..
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 04:14:27 AM »

Born and grew up in Edinburgh.
DH and I moved to England over twenty years ago. We live in a tiny village south east of York, UK  :)

Machair

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:24 AM »

I live in Essex. My son married an American lady 7 years ago and now lives in Tucson Arizona. I have 4 children and the others live in Wales and Scotland.x

Dalhousie

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 10:48:11 AM »

I'm just north of Preston in Lancashire in the North West of the UK. 

I think wherever the forum is based attracts more members from that country.  I go on US forums for other medical issues & there are few UK members & a lot of US members but have got to know them as a friendly bunch.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »

I live in SW England

It doesn't matter where you are from - menopause is menopause innit?

The only difference is in the healthcare system (which we freely critisicise where we find fault, and praise when it works - at home in UK and abroad!) and some of the HRT or drugs are different - but the principles of how our body works and how we feel are the same (at least in the West re the latter)!

Keep posting Patientone!  :)

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:06:28 PM by Hurdity »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »

I'm in Suffolk too but quite close to the Essex border.  My sister is married to an American and will be relocating out to Florida early next year.  We're from all over I think, there are also members in other parts of Europe who will come along soon I'm sure......

Patientone

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »

I really think it's fascinating and I appreciate the kindness and support I've been shown here, I tend to be a bit of a worrier and at times desperately need gentle and reassuring words (or a slap upside the head lol).

I found this board in an internet search during a time of panic, I had been having nonstop spotting and was very worried that it was something sinister. Thankfully, it turned out to be fibroids and as of right now the bleeding has stopped.

Yes, our healthcare is different, it's a huge issue here as our current president has passed into law the Affordable Care Act. As of right now, my family is insured by the company my husband works for. He pays a fee out every paycheck, part of it goes directly to the health insurance comapny, part of it goes into a health savings plan. We have a yearly deductible of $2,500 per person, which we use the health savings plan for.

Once our medical bills reach the $2,500, everything is paid for 100%. I am very happy to have the freedom to go to any dr I choose without prior approval.

However, we do not know how long we will be able to keep this health coverage.
Pages: 1 [2]