Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Panicky Feelings.  (Read 3298 times)

Kathleen

Panicky Feelings.
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »

Hello ladies.

I wonder if anyone can relate to this and suggest any ways to help.  I've been experiencing surges of panic when I think I'm still half asleep. It happened again this morning as I was still in bed, having  a lovely dream and feeling really calm and then suddenly I'm awake and panicking. Once it starts I feel terrible and all the pleasant feelings disappear.  This isn't confined the the mornings either, I dozed off on the sofa at the weekend and the same thing happened. It's as if the panic is surfacing and waking me up and this has replaced waking up normally.

I actually sleep well at night, I still flush in the mornings and I feel on edge most of the day. I'm 57, post meno and using Evorel 50mcg patches and Utrogestan. I have been given Beta Blockers but haven't used any for a long time.

Have any of you ladies had this experience? Do you think it is an adrenalin surge and maybe I should use the Beta Blockers again. I'm reluctant to add more drugs but these panics are awful.

Thank you for reading this and any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Take care everyone.

K.

Shazzie

Re: Panicky Feelings.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »

Yes Kathleen.  I get those feelings too.

I am also on Evorel 50mcgm patches.  When I mentioned it to my GP she said it was panicky feelings all connected to the menopause and to deep breath through them.  She didn't have any advice but said that as she is at the same stage at me she is experiencing them too.  I get palpitations with mine too. Not as bad as they were before I started on the patches but still horrible.  I am 53 and had my last period 18 months ago.

It helps to know that we are not alone with these feelings.

Shazzie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »

Could be a sudden feeling of the body being hungry.  It's hard sometimes to realise what is 'real' and what isn't as we wake and if I wake with a jolt, I feel really peculiar  :(

PaulineW

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »

Hi Kathleen I suffer with anxiety and panics but the last twelve days have been taking valerian tablets which are a herbal tablet it may be early days to say but I'm feeling that these may be helping as I'm a lot calmer and no panic attacks  ::) hope this helps xx

Mrs January

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »

Hey

Having read about meno it seems the panic feelings can be as a response to Oestrogen dipping and our bodies giving us a surge of adrenaline..........:(((( as if we don't have enough to manage. I take beta blockers 10mgs x 3 daily for a hand tremor but thy help the panic too.

Hope it helps

Mrs J

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »

Hello ladies and thank you so much for your responses.

I took a 10mg beta blocker yesterday and I may start taking them on a regular basis. It would be nice to  get at least one distressing menopause symptom under control!

Thanks again and wishing you all well.

K.