Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Side effects Everel Conti patch  (Read 5711 times)

warwick01

Side effects Everel Conti patch
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »

Hi

Have been using 3/4 pumps of eostragel with 5mcg of Northisterone for 7 bays every month. My last few periods have been heavy and I have been really up tight when just on the Oestrogel.

After a chat with GP I am on day 4 of Everel Conti with 1 pump of Oestraget to top up the Estragen as Everel is a lower dose.

I do feel calmer but having night sweats and my tummy is a bit off esp in the morning(loads of flatulence) has anyone had these symptoms? and will they settle?

You Ladies are the experts! ;)

W

Dancinggirl

Re: Side effects Everel Conti patch
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:52:39 PM »

Thats quite a high dose of oestrogen.  I hope there is enough progesterone in the Everel to shed your uterus each month!? The heavy withdrawal bleeds would have been because you were using such a high dose of oestrogen when you were using the gel.
I'm afraid flatulence is usually more to do with what you eat and your digestive tract - I've become more and more windy as I get older!!!! :-\
I assume your GP has checked your thyroid function - continued sweats could have another underlying cause.
I have a work colleague who was still getting flushes and night sweats despite being on quite a high dose HRT and she has now been given one of the ADs that help with flushes etc.  She's much less bloated and the flushes have reduced dramatically - I have to say she is a different women!!!! She is now considering coming off HRT!!!
I used Oestrogel with Northisterone from many years but I never used more that 2 pumps per day. I used to get bad period pains with the withdrawal bleed when I upped my dose to 2 pumps but I never had heavy bleeds.
Hopefully others will be along soon with more advice.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

I had awful wind problems for the first couple of months of Evorel but not with Femseven - must be the progesterone.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »

If it's Everel conti. then there is no bleed.

I would be wary in adding more oestrogen as a patch should give you enough and its balanced which keeps the lining thin.

Not quite sure why you have been told to add extra oestrogen. Could you not up the patch to a stronger strength.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »

I would tend to agree with honeybun ie the dosage of progestogen has been calculated to oppose ( balance) the amount of oestrogen in the patch, in order to keep the lining thin.

However if you look at the dosage for Evorel sequi - this also contains the same dosage of progestogen as Evorel conti ( ie 170 mcg norethisterone per 24 hours). Often the dosage for conti HRT is lower per day than that for sequi as it is taken every day eg if you look at Femseven - the other patch - the progestogen dose for Femseven sequi is 10 mcg levonorgestrel, and for conti it is 7 mcg.

Since norethisterone (the progestogen in Evorel conti) is a powerful progestogen, I would say that this same dosage for conti as sequi gives more of a leeway in oestrogen dose and some women may well be able to take extra oestrogen and the lining may keep thin.

Nevertheless, even without the extra oestrogen, many women experience some unpredictable bleeding in the first six months of conti HRTs and I would say the extra oestrogen may make this more likely.

I get wind anyway - must be old age  ;D

Hurdity x

Shazzie

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:37:02 PM »

I too get more wind since on Evorel.  I posted a new thread about feeling heavier around my middle just recently too.  Oh dear.  Doesn't sound good does it?

Shazzie xx

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:34:56 PM »

Thanks Ladies. I really appreciate your advice :)

I'm some what confused regarding the dose, may be someone can advise????how many pumps of Oestrogel is equivalent to Everel conti 50.I am under the impression that is 2 pumps?? that's why It thought I needed a top up........

It gets really confusing.I must say after a week on these patches,I feel calmer. Let's hope I havn't spoke to soon >:(

I start a new job tomorrow and I really need to function better!

Thanks to you all W ;)