Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cyclogest Pessaries and thrush  (Read 4247 times)

2cats

Cyclogest Pessaries and thrush
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:19:23 AM »

Hi all,

I seem to be getting thrush like symptoms since using these pessaries for a few cycles (didn't get it the first few times but do now...).  Is this usual and does anyone else get this?

Thanks,

Dancinggirl

Re: Cyclogest Pessaries and thrush
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »

If you are in peri or post meno why are you using cyclogest? Surely you should have micronised progesterone in the form of Utrogestan alongside oestrogen in patch or gel form?
I was always more prone to discharge or itching etc when on the progesterone part of the Pill so I assume this would give similar problems. Do you stick to the 'Be kind to your bits' regime e.g. no scented products, cotton pants etc?
When you say thrush like symptoms, what are these? DG x

Hurdity

Re: Cyclogest Pessaries and thrush
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

Hi 2cats

I used Cyclogest (2 x 200mg) pessaries for the first 4 years of HRT - as the progesterone part, but I don't remember them causing thrush though. I often used them as suppositories though. They gave me bad migraines so I stopped using them.    I now use utrogestan vaginally and this does cometimes cause itching at the very top of the labia which I assume is thrush because it disappears when I use Canesten or a bit of athlete's foot powder (!) - which also contains a fungicide.

It may well be something to do with the effect of the progesterone on the acidity of the vaginal secretions perhaps? I hope you manage to overcome it!

Hurdity x