Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Technical question re tablets  (Read 6935 times)

Joyce

Technical question re tablets
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »

Hubby has offered to buy me a new tablet.  I played games like Candy Crush etc on it and game was linked to facebook.  If & when I get a new tablet will my game continue or will I go right back to the beginning?  Only had a few linked to FB.  So annoying. Never thought hubby would suggest getting me a new one. 

honeybun

Re: Technical question re tablets
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »

Really not sure but if you were to get the kindle then you would have to start down loading all new apps so I would think you would have to start afresh. If it was kindle to kindle every thing would go with you.

Could be wrong though.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:00:48 PM »

Oh eck!  Candy Crush from the beginning.  Mind you been stuck for months at level 165, maybe would manage better second time around.  ::)

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »

Just had to post this, I love it  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF7EpEnglgk

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »

;D ;D ;D 

I remember the days when computers like that would excite us!  Not so long ago.  My first job, there were cards printed by computer folk with lots of little wholes in them, which when entered into a computer printed off stuff. Second job we filled in sheets which went to computer team and they transferred the information.  Next office job after I'd had our two kids we sent stuff via our head office, who then relayed the info back to us via printers. 

How we have moved on.  No doubt our tablets will be obsolete one day.  Mine sure is!  ;D ;D ;D

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

I remember my first computer course, he talked about binaries and writing computer programs, I couldn't understand a word he said most of the time :o

If you decide on a kindle Fire HD, the latest one, I don't think you would be disappointed with it, you will be using Android apps and Amazon though, but you can sideload and download other apps. http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html

I have Candy Crush and facebook on mine, I use my Kindle much more then my ipad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10nB9Gn4COM   the latest one
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:54:21 PM by silverlady »

thorntrees

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

Hi, I have a nexus7 and a kindle paper white,am really happy with both.Can't help with the candy crush app as I only play patience on my tablet!