Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ready to throw Nexus 7 out the window  (Read 10127 times)

Joyce

Ready to throw Nexus 7 out the window
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:27 PM »

Driving me insane, keeps freezing, switching off, freezing.......... Got in touch with Google & they suggested a few things, but it doesn't last. Spent most of today rebooting it several times.  :bang: :bang: :bang:
Working just now, but know it won't last. Anyone else use a Nexus 7?

ariadne

Re: Ready to throw Nexus 7 out the window
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »

I have a nexus 10 which is great. It does occasionally restart for no good reason but not often. My husbands Samsung 8 inch has been rubbish ever since he bought it on Xmas eve. When on the internet it will freeze after a few minutes and nothing he does will unfreeze it apart from restarting.

I went through a very complicated procedure to log a service request with Samsung but first I had to reset it to factory settings to see if that fixed it. It didn't so it was sent off to Samsung but they phoned to say they couldn't replicate the problem and asked for further details. A week later it was returned with a letter to say no fault had been found and that it had been subjected to rigourous tests. Should the fault persist, Samsung would offer no further assistance!

We were very disappointed and I wrote to tell them so as well. I asked if an actual human had tried to browse the internet for 5 minutes rather than subject the tablet to tests. If they had, they would have seen the problem straight away.

Is it too late for you to try and return it to where you bought it?

Ariadne xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »

oldsheep

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »

nightmare when tablets misbehave. How long have you had it? Is it still in warranty?
You didn't buy it from JL or amazon did you as you can raise an issue through them?

I have an iPad which drives me nuts as it keeps freezing and quitting (iOS 7 fault - 28 pages of moaning from other users on Apple support forums).
I enjoyed this video as a result
http://www.wimp.com/dadipad/

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »

Thanks Taz, Google got in touch to advise similarly. I'm bad for not updating stuff especially apps I haven't got a clue about. Ones I've added, yes, but not the rest. Been gradually updating them all, just got handful to do now. My problem seems to be relatively common though. Some have it happening within months of purchase. Mine is nearly 18 months old now.

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »

Apple have just released another update to sort out freezing problems OldSheep. I have an ipad though and I've never had a problem with it.

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 08:12:02 AM »

Thanks Taz, Google got in touch to advise similarly. I'm bad for not updating stuff especially apps I haven't got a clue about. Ones I've added, yes, but not the rest. Been gradually updating them all, just got handful to do now. My problem seems to be relatively common though. Some have it happening within months of purchase. Mine is nearly 18 months old now.

my google phone started going wrong when just out of warranty too. Their CS is hopeless. Suppose they think 18 months is so old for tablet technology that you should buy a new one  ::)
Apple infuriate me as they always blame other people's software/owners for faults, but at least there's a physical person you can go to see with the problem.
good luck! (I sympathise with using it as a luxury frisbee - that's been my nickname for my iPad for ages now).

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »

My Google phone was pants after about 12 months. Didn't need it for much, but became useless at making phone calls & texts which was main reason for phone. Changed earlier this year to contract Sony one, so hope I get on better than before. Mind you it runs off Google.............  ::)

Seems to be OK now. Time will tell though. All updates downloaded. Phew.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:09:50 AM by cubagirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »

BT has been slow today too .......... it's the sunshine?

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can't even reboot it now.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »

How old is it CG?

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:33 PM »

Just under 18 months. Not a happy bunny. Logging in on my phone for now. Have emailed Google again, but not holding out much hope.

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »

Hubby has offered to buy me new tablet, bless him. Looking at kindle fire this time, certainly not the nexus!

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

I love my kindle. I have the kindle fire and hubby has the HD one. Easy to use and up to now trouble free.

Honeyb
x