Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 4242 times)

Calamityjen

New to this site
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »

Hi I am new to this site, I had a full hysterectomy about 3 years ago I was put onto hrt 6 weeks after the operation and have been on it ever since. But have a problem I am suffering terrible night sweats and having trouble sleeping. I am also getting really bad headaches which lasts for days. Would like to know what everyone else does for these symptoms and how to manage them if they can't be stopped.

Many thanks calamityjen

Linsey44

Re: New to this site
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »

Hi calamityjen - welcome to MM, good fun, lots of great ladies offering different perspectives which makes it interesting.

Can i ask what type of hrt you are on?  Were you peri meno before your op?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »

:welcomemm: you may need an adjustment to the medication you take.  When are you due to see your GP for a review?

You may find the menus, left of screen, useful.  Lots of info there.  Browse round!

Calamityjen

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »

Hi I am on the estraderm patch twice a week. I. Am only 40 years old, had a hysterectomy due to heavy periods and ovarian cysts

I am not due to see my GP anytime soon they just sem to leave me to get on with things and when I do go they don't seem to know much which is very frustrating.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:11:30 PM »

Is there a menopause clinic you could go to within travelling distance?  Have you seen your Practice Nurse rather than the GP?

Dyan

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »

:welcomemm: calamityjen

Calamityjen

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »

I have an appointment in 2 weeks time to see the practice nurse, not holding out much hope though as last time I went she didn't want to do anything ie change my patch etc so hoping for a better outcome this time as getting desperate

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 07:55:29 AM »

Hi & welcome. Sounds like you need something stronger or a change to another HRT. I needed change from gel to patches a couple of years back. If GP/Nurse not willing to help, ask for referral. If not to a meno clinic, then a gynae one.

Calamityjen

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

Thankyou for your advice I will definetly get a referral if I don't get anywhere as can't go on like this much longer. Finding it hard to explain to my hubby what's wrong too. He doesn't understand he just keeps telling me I'm miserable and boring if only he knew what we go through as women.

Calamityjen

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »

Well I went to see my nurse practioner on Friday and to be honest I don't know why I bothered she just wasn't interested. Said I could try changing dose of my patch but that was it. When I mentioned could it be my thyroid she said I doubt it but I could have it checked if I wanted to. So I did and just waiting for results to come back. Going back to see her next Friday so I hope she's more helpful then.