Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 - advice sought!  (Read 2774 times)

ljack1

Femoston 1/10 - advice sought!
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:13:13 AM »

Hi everyone!   :)

I wonder if one of you lovely ladies with any experience of Femoston 1/10 can help me? 

I am 49 and peri and am just into my 3rd month of taking this.  I previously took Elleste Duet and stopped after a month as I went to pieces during the second half of the packet - crying and very depressed. 

My night sweats have now stopped which is great and I'm getting a good night's sleep but during the second half of the tablets I become increasingly tired (even with 8/9 hours sleep a night) to the point that I can't get off the sofa when I get home from work. Once back on the oestrogen only cycle, I feel fine again.  Also, I am extremely bloated all of the time - I look as if I am 9 months pregnant and struggling to get my zippers done up!  I really don't want to stop taking this HRT as overall I do feel more positive - should I perservere and hope that things will settle down as its still early days?  I am going on a business trip next week and am due to start the second half which won't be great if I'm going to be exhausted all day and can't function properly. 

Many thanks!

Greyhoundgal

Re: Femoston 1/10 - advice sought!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »

Hi ljack1 and  :welcomemm:  I'm on the same HRT as you and have been since I started it with no ill effects.  I actually feel better during the 2nd part of my pack than on the 1st which is slightly odd but Femeston is known to have one of the kindest progesterons.  I think if you've already been on it for 3 months it might be a good idea to ring your GP or nurse and get a review, it may be that another preparation would suit you better.  They normally like you to try one for 3 months to give it a chance but you've done that now so it could be time to change?

ljack1

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

Thanks for your reply Greyhoundgal.  I had a review on Monday and mentioned it to the doctor.  She suggested persevering for another month or so.  I have also been taking Mirtazapine (an AD) for 6 months which was originally given to me for my high levels of anxiety and insomnia.  She suggested I wean myself off the Mirtazapine over the next few weeks.  It's a real struggle to get something that suits me!   ???

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »

I'm not sure if the AD would interfere with it or not - others may have a better answer.  When I first went to see our practice nurse she thought I was on the edge of depression but said that in a lot of cases the HRT can help a lot - which in my case it did.  She does at least seem to be on your side through all this which if you've read other posts on here can be half the battle sometimes!!!  I'm not sure what to suggest for your tiredness next week but hope your business trip goes well :)