Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Climagest 1 mg  (Read 9006 times)

Kellyh

Climagest 1 mg
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »

Changing to climagest 1mg

Any experiences ladies? X

Kellyh

Re: Climagest 1 mg
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »

Oops- I guess no one ;)

Hope that's not a bad sign x

cc26

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »

I had Climagest 1mg in February as meno symptoms were so very bad, affecting my relationship so badly, I don't know if we will survive.. I had only been on them for a week and my legs were terrible, very wobbly and shooting pains, so I came off, could not bear it, made me too anxious... Then tried AD's but they just made me feel 'dead' inside so ditched them too.  I know I need to give HRT another go but just too scared at the moment, but need it Im sure...Today has been a crying day, just sobbed and sobbed.. :'( This has been going on since last summer and OH may be moving out, tried giving him loads of info to read but he just does not seems to understand, can't blame him, I have been awful at times... :'( :'( Sorry Kellyh didn't mean to off load on you, but my experience of Climaget wasn't a good one, but we are all different so yours may be.  Hope you get something that suits you soon...

cc26

Kellyh

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:41:44 PM »

Babe, so sorry to hear that you've had such an awful day (and time with symptoms and relationship) hope you know that we're all here to lend a shoulder anytime

I won't be starting the medication until another 2 weeks yet (when I get my period) I'll also be in Egypt at this time too - so fingers crossed it'll be ok

I'm wondering if I should possibly ask the doctor for another type before trying these? I haven't read one good thing about the climagest yet

X

cc26

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

Thank you for the shoulder, it really healps, when Im feeling bad.. Even if I don't post much I read lots everyday, and knowing your all out there really helps  :thankyou: I agree, I haven't read anything posistive about them either..  When I went to Gynae I wanted patches, but I ended up coming out with Climagest, she said that what I wanted was too expensive!! and because I didn't stand my ground I ended up with the Climagest.. I will go again but to another Gynae I think. I hope it will be ok for you whilst you are away...

cc26

Kellyh

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »

My doc prescribed post meno Hrt to me yesterday- thankfully I came across it on this website and rang her today to tell her. She then asked me what I would prefer?.... So I just read climagest asit was hmthe first on the list of peri meno tablets. Oops

Im all confused now ;)

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »

You can only try it Kelly and see how you feel on it. Best to try it for at least three  months as early side effects often disappear and you need to take it for a while before you can tell if you are going to benefit.

You may have problems with the progesterone as Norethisterone is known for giving some women pmt type symptoms and low mood. Not everyone is affected like this though.

Taz x

Kellyh

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »

Ok... I'll give it a go. Thanks for your input

Would be easier if none of us had to experience this in the first place ☺

Kellyh

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »

Completely understand and I'm with you ladies too. Yes, I'll be in Egypt for the first 2 weeks - then home to the rain and pmt ;) haha

You're right, the more you think of what could happen etc, the worse it'll be

X

Helen Hounslow

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 05:39:27 AM »

It has definitely helped me but seemed to kick in properly after 6 weeks.  i noticed an improvement in 10 days but full reaction took longer.  I would recommend it.