Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Still on my hrt and feeling WELL  (Read 3080 times)

portese

Still on my hrt and feeling WELL
« on: June 10, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

My last post was two years ago and I doubt if many of you will remember my battle with hrt and my gp--who is one of the best I know.  At that time, she put me ( a gibbering wreck) back on premarin and my life went back to normal. In fact I think I have only visited her twice in the ensuing time.  I have now cut back to the small dose I was on--one 0.625 only three times a week and this has been fine with just the very occasional and very mild flush. I am now 76 and hope she will let me stay on this regime. As far as my reading (extensive ) shows there are still no studies on women of my age taking oestrogen only and only three days weekly. I now have great-grandchildren who come to stay and do what their Mums and Dads have told them about at "Grandma's house" Yes it isn't so high powered activity wise but but do we have fun!  I also work part time. I feel so incredibly lucky to have been able to make the choice, to believe in quality of life, and informed decision.
My thanks again to all the ladies who take part in this forum.    Very very nest wishes,   Portese

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still on my hrt and feeling WELL
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »

<wave> - so lovely to hear from you!  Glad that your treatment regime has worked.  Enjoy every day!  You are an inspiration.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »

It's so inspiring to read this.

Thank you so much for popping in to share.

Keep posting, we need the age range of women to give all perspectives.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »

Great to hear from you portese and so pleased that you are feeling good! Please keep posting!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

Great post portese, I also continue to take my estrogen only, as and when plus Nat Prog cream, it suits me and I don't have hot flushes or VA, we as women should be able to take hormones the way we want to, one size does not fit all women.

As CLKD says you are a inspiration.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:54:54 PM by silverlady »

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »

Glad to hear your good news portese!

You're right, there are really not enough studies into the effects of continuing HRT in women over 60 and long term. Those of you who have had a hysterectomy are able to do so more easily of course because there is no danger of endometrial problems, and no worries about progesterone which upsets many of us who have to take it.

I am 61 and still taking HRT - no intention of stopping yet - although I do need progesterone too unfortunately, as I have a uterus, but still retain a cycle every 6-8 weeks meaning I still have a bleed!

How amazing also to have great-grandchildren - I was a late-ish mum so as yet do not have grandchildren. Even more fantastic that you are still working - and still go camping - my husband (68) and I also do and sincerely hope we still can at your age! Fantastic!!!

Hurdity x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:02:32 PM »

What an inspiring post - gives hope to the rest of us :)