Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Need reassurance  (Read 3561 times)

Tufty

Need reassurance
« on: June 14, 2014, 07:23:13 AM »

I am 56 years old and luckily didn't experience many menopausal problems. Last year I started experiencing panic attacks, dizziness, nausea, couldn't eat, slightly unsteady feelings. Went to the doc who asked if I was depressed!! I was feeling down only because of the symptoms. He prescribed pills to take when I felt lightheaded and anxious. This was last August and I still have them. Anyway I thought the feelings had started to ease then about a month ago they returned! I am concerned that its something other than being post menopausal. I seem to start feeling better towards the end of the day but I wake up every flipping day feeling like shyte. Is this really normal? I take nothing other than one or two ibroprofen if i want a quick and brief fix. Any comments would be extremely welcome.

Taz2

Re: Need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »

Hi Tufty - it sounds as if you are having a horrible time at the moment.

Has your doctor run blood tests to check that everything is ok? It is so easy just to blame menopause for everything that often small things get overlooked. There are inner ear problems which can give rise to the symptoms you mention. My son has labrynthitis a the moment but before diagnosis he went through a month of feeling similar to you - especially in the mornings. We found out more about this sort of thing through this website https://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms. It's probably a long shot but you shouldn't have to suffer like this if there is something that can be done for you.

Let us know how you get on if you go back to the doc.

Taz x  :hug:

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:33:51 AM »

Hello Tufty.

So much of what you said rings a bell with me. I also feel terrible at the beginning of the day, have had the dizziness, nausea, anxiety and not wanting to eat. I am 57 and post menopausal. At the beginning of the year I began using HRT as I had been experiencing very jittery feelings for six months and I'd had enough. The HRT has reduced the jitters but I am struggling with these new feelings.

I assume it is hormonal as these feelings change over the course of the day but Taz2 has a point and I may try and see my GP if it goes on.

I have had Labrynthitis and for me this is very different.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »

Most mornings I feel like something the cat has bought in. By the afternoon /evening I am a lot better.

Tufty

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »

Thank you folks, I think I will see the doctor. Even though I have a tendency of blaming the menopause for everything, I am beginning to wonder why I have been like this for over a year now admittedly not all the time but most of it.

Thanks again x

bev567901

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:54 PM »

Hi Tufty just after I turned 50 early last year I got those exact same symptoms. After 8 mths I did feel depressed as I was sick of feeling ill all the time in particular the nausea. It was relentless. I did have blood tests, stool tests etc as no one was treating me for meno. Everything came back negative. I am now on HRT & an AD. Things are better but not 100%. I would have a read on all the posts but it might be worth getting checked out just in case. I plod on in the mornings as I have two 9 yr olds to get ready for school & by 9 am I am just about feeling human (ish) B xx