Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: should I be worried or is this nothing.....  (Read 3053 times)

Sue1967

should I be worried or is this nothing.....
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »

Hi all,

I posted a few weeks back about my signs of peri menopause, well I went to my GP last Monday who said it sounds as though I am starting the change and asked if I wanted to go on HRT so I bit her hand off lol
I'm on 1mg on Elleste Duet and so far so good, but last night or early morning I got up for a wee and went back to bed, then I had a horrible pain in my lower pelvic area come on as though I was in labour but it continued for about half an hour, I was up rocking side to side etc to alleviate the pain as it was really painful.
Now I don't know if it was constipation. But I had some anxiety yesterday morning as I was driving my daughter and her family to Luton airport so they could go on their holiday and I was feeling nervous so I was visiting the toilet a lot beforehand.
I had a feeling in my bowel as well, just concerned it might be down to the HRT or not, and I'm hoping it is not.
I've never felt any thing like it before other than labour pains which obviously go after a few minutes lol
Needless to say I have not had my bowels open today and I'm sorry if this post is totally insignificant to the menopause but I thought you are such a lovely bunch you would all put my mind at rest as I honestly thought there was something seriously wrong or that I would need to have my appendix out lol But you know what it is like at half one in the morning lol
Sorry to ramble on and on...... :o

Many thanks

Sue
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:12:30 PM by Sue1967 »

Ju Ju

Re: should I be worried or is this nothing.....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »

Could be IBS, which can worsen with the menopause. It can be very painful and stress can trigger it. Do you have IBS already? It would be a good idea to check this out with your doctor, to make sure there is nothing going on and to reassure you.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:49 PM »

The night seems so long when you feel like that. I woke nearly two years ago with back spasm, I thought I was dying. Eh, no just extremely painful.

Lots on here have bowel problems which seem to have started at same time as menopause. Mine is dairy intolerance. Not really IBS which is a bit different. Mine started after weeks of ABs for pneumonia.

Sure it's nothing to worry about, but GP should herlo to reassure you.

Sue1967

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:37:05 AM »

Hi Ju Ju,

No I don't suffer from IBS but I didn't actually think of that, so thank you for your input......I don't think I'll worry too much about but I'll certainly keep notes and keep an eye on it :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »

Won't do any harm to check it out though. Good doctors will also check symptoms particularly if there is a change of bowel habit....at this age! I go if  I have any possible worrying symptoms. They will ask about symptoms, feel your abdomen, check your rectum if appropriate (not so nice)  :-\ send you for blood tests etc. even if they are not suspecting anything sinister. Just belt and braces and just the reassurance can help your attitude even if it doesn't get rid of the symptoms.