Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fibroid 6 month recheck - nervous  (Read 5281 times)

Patientone

Fibroid 6 month recheck - nervous
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:29:08 AM »

I had 7 weeks of spotting back in the fall, my dr did an endo biopsy, pap, bloodwork, and transvaginal ultrasound. Diagnosis, fibroids. She recommended a repeat transvaginal ultrasound in 6 months.

I'm at 6 months now, the spotting stopped early December, so I called to make sure she still wants me to go and the nurse said yes.

I'm nervous, I hope going this long without spotting means things have settled down and not gotten worse in there.

Anyone have experience with this?  Any words of comfort ?

Hurdity

Re: Fibroid 6 month recheck - nervous
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Sorry I don't have experience of this Patientone - but the only comfort I can offer is from your own experience - that the spotting has stopped! This is surely good news, but the doc wants to repeat the scan to check the fibroid hasn't grown I presume and to check your lining. This is a good sign and hopefully you can be gvien a clean bill of health. It's really good that docs take post-menopausal bleeding seriously and do proper investigations - so that those who do have something wrong can be treated quickly.

Hurdity x

Patientone

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

I'm hanging on to that Hurdity, I'm really hoping for a good report.

Badga

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:36:46 AM »

Hi there

Yes, I have had fibroids.  However, I started 'spotting' with them when I was 34.  Their growth is sustained by oestrogen and, as such, they shrink following menopause when oestrogen levels decline.  I ended up having mine treated by embolisation in 2010.  I was worried that when I went on HRT at menopause last year, that I might develope new ones (embolisation killed the old ones), but my consultant assured me that the oestrogen levels in HRT are not sufficient to stimulate fibroid growth.

If you are now menopausal, it may be that your friboids are shrinking naturally.  It is definitely worth going for the US in order to estimate their current size, and how much shrinkage has occured.

Badga xx

Patientone

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »

I'm gong tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. Ugh.

I'd love to hear there is shrinkage, hopefully not masive growth and additional problems.  :'(

Patientone

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »

Well, I had my ultrasound, the tech said not to worry, my fibroids look the same as they did back in November.

Hopefully, my dr will say the same.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 08:26:44 PM »

Good news Patientone! I can't remember if you are on HRT? If so it's good that the oestrogen hasn't caused them to increase, but if you are on continuous progesterone as well then perhaps this is the reason they haven't grown?

Have they given a reason for the spotting though - if you still have the fibroids?

Anyway sounds like all is OK  :) and let's hope your doc agrees!

Hurdity x

Patientone

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »

Hello .. no, no HRT for me, I can not take it.

Dr told me back in the end of November that the spotting was due to the fibroids, she said give it 2 weeks, if it continued I was to come back in then, if it stopped, I was to have an ultrasound in 6 months.

The tech told me today that I have 3, 1 on the right size about 1 inch big and 2 on the left that are smaller.

She also said that before she had me come in, she looked at my last ultrasound for comparison.

tracstu

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »

Thanks for your help and advice on my post. I am glad to hear that you had good news earlier this week. The waiting is so scary isn't it? Although I am finding it very helpful talking to people like yourself who have first had experience

Patientone

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 11:20:48 PM »

Well, no call from my Dr today, I was sure since it's Friday they would call.

Now, I get to wait throught the weekend :-(

Patientone

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 06:20:22 PM »

Yay, no change in my fibroids, don't need to see my Dr until my next yearly in December

Linsey44

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »

great news for you, now you can relax a bit.
X

Patientone

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

She also told me I do not need to use birth control anymore.

Yikes... that makes me nervous!

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

It was birth control tablets that made me grow a fibroid, I stopped them and hey presto, no more fibroid. I have been on HRT (the gel) and this has not caused any, I am convinced that is is the more synthetic tablets that caused the problem, glad that you are ok.

Patientone

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »

Ugh .. I feel kind of out of place here, am I the ONLY one who is not taking any sort of HRT or hormones of any kind?

:'(
Pages: [1] 2