Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: elleste 2mg  (Read 6775 times)

Hurdity

Re: elleste 2mg
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »

Hi desperate

Here is what it says on this site about high blood pressure and HRT:

Hypertension   
    Blood pressure should be measured and, if high, should be controlled prior to starting HRT. Blood pressure measurement should be repeated 3 months after starting HRT and is then usually checked at annual review. There is a very small risk of conjugated equine estrogens causing a rise in blood pressure which resolves on cessation of treatment. In the presence of controlled hypertension, HRT is unlikely to worsen control; some recommend using transdermal (patch or gel) HRT.
    Sage should be used with caution if hypertensive and St.John's Wort should be used with caution if taking antihypertensive therapy.

It sounds like it should be controlled and the doctor is right to be concerned if your medication is not reducing your BP.

I am sure you've had all this advice but there are many ways in which you can reduce your blood pressure naturally - modifying diet, alcohol, salt, weight, smoking, exercise, caffeine, relaxation therapies. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Blood-pressure-%28high%29/Pages/Prevention.aspx

Perhaps also, you might consider a transdermal method of HRT with the Mirena coil as Dancinggirl suggest in her posts below?

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 09:32:41 PM »

Hi desperate
I hope your usual GP offers some good advice.  I'd print off some of the info from the sections to the left of this screen & compile some written questions to ask the doctor when you see him/her.  If you are feeling unwell and emotional it's very easy to forget what you wanted to ask them at the appointment.  Good luck.  DG x

desperate

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

thanks for advice i will let you know how i get on tomorrow x
Pages: 1 [2]