Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Are there any forum users who started the Menopause aged 13?  (Read 2977 times)

lifexperience

Hello. I am new on this Forum. I am wondering whether there are any ladies who started the menopause as a child. I did and I have never find anyone else who have shared this. I have yet to find a name for my condition, as I have never had a natural period and have never been able to have children.  :)

Suzi Q

Re: Are there any forum users who started the Menopause aged 13?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »

Hi Life
Just wait there will be someone who kows all about this xxxxxxxx

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:15:43 AM »

Found this one life. Bit older than yourself. Seem to remember someone on TV discussing something similar.  http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/menopause/Pages/Prematuremenopause.aspx

There may be someone on here who has gone through this.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:18:03 AM by cubagirl »

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 07:14:59 AM »

Hi life experience. It seems that your condition is called POF. Have you heard of something called The Daisy Network? http://www.daisynetwork.org.uk/main.htm  This is an organisation which deals with POF and you may find others there who experienced it as early as you.

Please keep posting here though!

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:04:25 PM »

Oh welcome! don't know which is worse - to never go through periods 'properly' or to suffer the pain, clotting etc. as I did  :-\

You share away here and have a look at the Links suggested.  You won't be alone but finding others in similar circumstances can take time and energy.  You might also contact 'this morning' team who cover 'out of the way' illnesses and conditions?  Dr Chris is very good ……..

How are you generally?