Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ladycare menopausel magnet,  (Read 4024 times)

sue23

Ladycare menopausel magnet,
« on: July 07, 2014, 01:38:55 PM »

Hi, has anyone tried the above with any success ???, also there is a magnet which is light blue for period trouble,  I wonder if they both are the same :(

Hurdity

Re: Ladycare menopausel magnet,
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »

There have been discussions about this - - I don't have time to look up at the moment but there is no evidence that this does anything. Those that report an effect - it is probably the placebo effect.

You will be able to find the recent threads if you go the the forum home page and do a search.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »

There was a thread very recently from a lady who was finding it brilliant.  However, from what she was describing it did sound though it was her particular perception of the benefits and she was in the peri meno stage with hormones fluctuating.
I believe many find acupuncture very helpful.  I've personally not had any luck with herbs etc. it's just cost me a lot of money.
If you suffer with meno symptoms HRT is really the only way forward.  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

Hi I also tried herbal for over a year cost a lot but no better the only benefit was the woman was lovely & great listener. But no herbs helped x

Aethelede

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »

Hi, Sue23,

I bought one of these and flushes and night sweats disappeared for about four months - then returned with a vengeance. Looking back it could have just been a natural hormone fluctuation (as I am perimenopausal) and would have happened anyway. I did think I had cracked it though and was pleased with the 'break' from symptoms and many women do seem to swear by them. Trying all these things can get expensive though... ::)

Tina1957

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »

Hi
I am trying out the Ladycare Magnet at the moment!!

I have suffered horrendously with hot flashes and sweats - unable to take HRT and after trying everything else, am presently on Gabapentin, this has helped, as my flushes/sweats used to be every hour and now I am down to approx 4 or 5 a day.  However the dream would be to stop these flushes altogether, which is why I am trying the Ladycare Magnet too - its too early to comment yet, but I am hopeful after reading this article below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2666176/Belinda-Carlisle-says-shes-menopause-miracle-But-experts-agree.html

Will keep you updated...

Tinax

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

I wish the Daily Mail would not print stories like these!

There is no scientific evidence and it just means many women are wasting their money on something that is either a placebo effect or are experiencing a change in their hormones anyway.

Somewhere the Daily mail also printed a reputable article where gynaecologists looked at treatments for hot flushes and examined the scientific evidence - giving them marks out of 10 - unfortunately I can't find it, but the gynae gave the magnet 0/10

I wish you well with reducing your flushes Tina1957 but I would urge other women not to go rushing out and buy one!

Hurdity x

Melbury

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »

I bought one a number of years ago and it worked really well for about six months and then just seemed to stop having any effect :(

It is really funny the way you can find yourself getting stuck to shopping trolleys and anything metal.

I have tried it again a couple of times, but the magic seems to have disappeared.

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »

Hi ladies

I am using the lady care magnet, have been for about two months and it seems to have reduced my hot flushes.

I don't know if it works long term but I was willing to try anything to help. I am peri meno, just separated, stressful job and three kids, so to feel a bit more normal was a bonus xxx

Mrs January xx