Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Summer Body  (Read 20624 times)

honeybun

Summer Body
« on: May 31, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »

This is the first really warm day we have had that I have had time to enjoy. Went into town this morning wearing cotton trousers and a nice blouse and thought I looked quite good.
Came home and changed into shorts and a strappy top that I would only wear in the garden.
OMG .....what has happened to me over the winter. Ok legs are milk bottle white but the skin is so dry. My toenails have gone all horny and look terrible when I painted them. I have thread veins around my ankles and chicken skin on my thighs.

All in all I feel a right mess. It's really the first time I have looked properly at myself for a while and I don't like what I see very much.
I took my body so much for granted when I was young but now I just feel as if my head is on an old woman's body.

Anyone else had a shock this summer.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

Re: Summer Body
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »

I remember that sort of shock honeybun. Mine happened around three years ago when I caught sight of my arms in a shop mirror. I was wearing an ordinary t-shirt and couldn't believe how the top of my inner arms looked - all wrinkled and old. I'm more used to it now - no strappy tops for me I'm afraid.

As for toenails I have the same problem but I'm a few years older than you. As you say when you're young you just take things like supple skin and lovely toes for granted!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »

I can't get down to my toe nails  ::)

When I see an old lady in a shop window looking back, it takes a while before I realise it's me  :-\

ellie

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

A few years ago, a young woman told her son to move out of the way to let the old lady pass, I stepped back to let her pass too........then I realised she was talking about ME!!    I have never been the same since  ::)

Linsey44

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »

Oh dear ladies this topic sounds gloomy, not looking forward to stripping off my winter layers either.

For the toes nails, opi does a good ridge filler that is a base coat, gives smooth finish.  I am useless at painting toe nails.  I get a file and paint at beauty salon and it lasts at least 3 weeks, well worth it.

Need to have a look at my tummy, going on hol soon and after 4 gynae surgeries i have to accept its never going to look great in a bikini.

Do you think men age better than women or do they just care less?

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »

I took my body so much for granted when I was young but now I just feel as if my head is on an old woman's body.

Anyone else had a shock this summer.

Yep

Not so much this summer, it's dire but now I expect it, shorts hah.   ;D

Things were ok till I was 50, not so good at 52, horrible from 54 onwards (now 56).
I exercise as 4 to 5 times a week and mostly eat sensibly, but take Gabapentin which does increase the podge (noted side effect). So the question is, smaller figure or pain........

Sadly the summer body is the same as the winter one BUT it is discretely shielded   ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »

I've always had white dry skin,  but I am enjoying the new slim me!

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 06:46:26 PM »

I have decided I like the winter layers.

I am 54 in a couple of months. Trouble is I am 21 in my head on a good day. I don't like the saggy baggy veiny bits. I accepted stretch marks because they had a cause and a purpose but this lot sucks.

Guess I just have to work with what I have got. Bikini days went for me 25years ago but now I need a wet suit . Neck to toe cover  ::)

Honeyb
x

dulciana

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »

It's not so much a meno thing, but I wave goodbye to my opaque tights each summer, sad in the knowledge that I'm going to have to de-fuzz much more regularly if I want to go bare-legged or wear clear tights!  (Which I do!)   Hmmph......!  :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:08:39 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 07:26:26 PM »

Burka then?

I haven't worn tights/stockings for 10 years or more apart from at a Funeral in 2006.  Since then  :-\

I will if it's very very very hot wear a long skirt.  I love my light tops though  :-*

dulciana

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »

Only if it was knee-length!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »

They are - I think …….. but usually in dark colours but no-one knows what one is wearing underneath  ;)

My toes need more than a pedicure ……..

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »

I used to like my feet, oh and my legs and my arms and my boobs  ;D

Kaftans all round then.

Honeyb
x

dulciana

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »

Seriously, though, if I am going to enjoy wearing my summer clothes, I must not buy dark chocolate mint thins too often!!  I limited myself to 2 just now, then put the box back in the fridge.  (Result of reading this thread!)  As for violet and rose creams (my absolute favourites), bad news for my summer body!   I will be good and eat oranges instead.........until the autumn.............maybe......

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »

Oranges take too much peeling and are messy …….. at least one is able to lick messy chocolate from the fingers  ;)

I can't be bothered de-fuzzing often which is why I stay in trousers and tops …….. I also have hairy toes  :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5