Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: NANA SUZI Q  (Read 3669 times)

Suzi Q

NANA SUZI Q
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:45:37 AM »

Well ladies my boy came and hes a cracker and Im now looking after him Monday and Friday
Long days I leave home at 7.20 I dont get there till 8.45am I have to get 2 trains
Bobbles god love him comes all the way from work to pick me up at 6pm then we both drive home
He says he doesnt want me changing trains at night god love him
Son is looking after him Tue Wed and Thur they are short on the dosh so we said wed buy all the nappies
Plus all the baby milk as theyve lost 3 days wages a week wish I was rich and we could help more
But we have bought the pram the moses basket loads of clothes stocking up on baby food as well
Plus we bought 3 fun chairs for him and we are paying for the safety gates and a baby walker as an early
Xmas present so I think we are doing a lot when I add it up plus the fact I look after him if I didnt
Theyd be up the creek as they say BUT its had a great benefit my dinlaw and I have gotten very close
Before Jan even after 15 years togetehr I knkew her very little now we gossip chatter and she even said
U R a special person Sue I love you I nearly fell through the floor this persons not my dinlaw
Wheres the old one gone Im glad she gone this one is MAGIC just shows what being a MUM does to u xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: NANA SUZI Q
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:08:35 AM »

What a lovely post. DG xxxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »

Hi Nana,

My daughter and her partner are struggling financially as well and I too look after my grandson a day and a half a week regularly, as well as stepping in here and there. I wish I could do more. Their financial situation is directly caused by the financial crash; a business that was beginning to flourish disappeared overnight and redundancy. But they are resourceful and now partner has retrained and things are starting to look up. They delayed having a child because of their finances, but time passed and they felt it would be risky to leave any longer. They spend very little on equipment and clothes, all given 2nd hand by friends and family. They don't hanker after possessions and my daughter has become a talented and resourceful cook on a very limited budget. They have had to claim benefits, since having a child, just to pay rent. Rents are very high here, so their home is tiny, but in a beautiful place and in a small community. Holidays? Camping! I have a close relationship with them and my gorgeous grandson. He seems to be almost as excited to see me as he is when he sees tractors! You have so much joy ahead! Love Grandma xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Remember - you can't take your monies with you and here in the UK anyway, kids will likely pay Inheritance Tax eventually  ;) and what are Grandkids for except for spoiling?  Giving them a stable, happy start in Life will lay down memories  :-* ………. also one can tell Grandparents 'stuff' that we would never mention to the parents  ;D

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »

Really happy for you Suzi.

Do you think you (and Bobbles of course) will move to be closer to them?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »

Great news SuziQ - glad it's working out well for you and you are able to help! I'm looking forward to being a granny one day maybe.....

Hurdity x

Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

Great news SuziQ . What would they do without you? You and your grandson will become very close and sounds like your daughter in law appreciates it too!
Lucky you
Xxxxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 02:33:45 AM »

Thanks Ladies all of you xxxxxxxxxx
My dinlaw flew to USA today for work and last night i had a scare
I though HECK shes not going to be there at 830 when I arrive qand son leaves for work at 730 on Mon@Fri
Do I have to leave at 5.30am to gt there by 730am OHHHH PLUCK A DUCK
Phoned up and her MUM is cming over at 7am to watch Zeke till I arrive phewwwwww
I rang Mum in law up and she said dont stress dont rush get here when u can xxxxxxxxx IM going to a FUNERAL AT 10am so much for dont stress!!!!! she added the persons not close and hubbies going I can go late!!!
So I said J... I will get there as soon as I can probably 9amish As Bobbles is away and Im terrible waking up
No worries she said I will leave as u get here!!!! I dont get it? If that had been me Id have said
As she know Bobbles in in New Zealand either Look get here for 11amish then I will go on to the wake
Or Suzanne dont worry I will look after Zeke today NOT that Id have accepted the latter but the former
Would have been nice theres nought so strange as folks HEY? Ive also had my nephew here
He had aoperation for  HERNIA around his spermasotal cord OUCH and the morphine he was given didnt work
Seems hes one of the few that morphine doesnt work on THE poor mans been in abject agony
Last night he was worse than before the operation I had to give him 3 Ducolax on Sunday as hed not been to The Lavatory since Tuesday Today hes a lot better he phoned the surgeon is seeing him tomorrow Wednesday
Hes due to fly to Sydney Thur to his MUM and fly to USA to take up a UNI job next Monday
Hes as much chance of flying to USA on M onday as I have of flying to the moon and he knows it
So what with that my pals got Pleauresy (wrong) and my guts GERD or GALL STONES who knows
Beside our ZEKE so far 2014 hasnt been fun fun fun Roll on September UK Venice Paris Rome I HOPE!!!! ;D
OH and to toip it off Bobbles needs 2 operations one on his foot to get rid of a calified spur he can hardly walk
Plus after 25 years of football his Ligaments behind his left knees gone even paying private we have BUPA
Its taken 4 months to see a Ortho not till mid July and then the op AND PAYING could be another 6mnths
U wonder why we bother paying our national health (medicare levy) Plus about 200 pounds a month Pmedicine?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »

PHEW! there's a lot going on 'down under'.  Is Bobbles enjoying NZ?

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »

Its winter here in Ozz in Brisbane it was 25C today EAT YA HEART OUT hehe but only 13C at night
Across the ditch in NZ it was 8C today pouring sheets and black as my pals say as the earls wastcoat
He was in Lake Tapau and couldnt see the lake never mind the Mountain
NZ is wonderful I love it go every year I mnormally go with Bobbles now but with looking after Zeke
We forgot it was PH here yesterday Monday I could have gone but I went in March so not being greedy
NZ is so loke the UK combined its wonderful I love it and MATAMATA is where the Hobbits village is fabo

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »

25degsC doesn't equate to Winter  ;D - it's that today in my car  ::)

My friend went from Scotland to NZ to Oz ........ she complains of it being cold when it's 10degsC  :D