Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Acid reflux?  (Read 95229 times)

Kelly

Re: Acid reflux?
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »

Thanks for that advice Laineywinks. I have amitiptyline and sometimes take a half  for a good nights sleep . I know the other AD is there if i desperately need them. Just a bit jittery in morning seem to improve as day goes on. As a nurse did you ever hear people complain of blurred vision and daylight seeming bright while suffering from anxiety. This seemed to hit me as soon as the anxiety hit about two weeks ago. I have booked an optician appointment as well just to be checked out.
Best wishes
Kelly xxxxxxxxx

LaineyWinks

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 05:24:59 PM »

Thanks for that advice Laineywinks. I have amitiptyline and sometimes take a half  for a good nights sleep . I know the other AD is there if i desperately need them. Just a bit jittery in morning seem to improve as day goes on. As a nurse did you ever hear people complain of blurred vision and daylight seeming bright while suffering from anxiety. This seemed to hit me as soon as the anxiety hit about two weeks ago. I have booked an optician appointment as well just to be checked out.
Best wishes
Kelly xxxxxxxxx

Yes I have heard of  patients blurred vision complain of blurred vision and whilst it could easily something as simple as needing glasses, it could also be anxiety related and would probably be caused by hyperventilating/rapid breathing. This is where relaxation techniques come in handy, concentrating on slowing your breathing. As for the sensitivity to bright light, anxiety does make us very sensitive in general, but your optician is the best person to see.

Kelly

« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

Thanks Laineywinks. I think when we are anxious we focus on everything don't you so I am trying not to go down that route.  Got relaxation classes more reflexology and hypnotherapist ringing me today. So I will keep everyone posted. I slept till 9'today ! Could it have been the reflexology I wonder? Xxx Maybe one of these worth a try Sparkle? Hope you are managing okay ? Xxx
Kelly

Kelly

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »

Ha ha Sparkle I know where you are coming from! It's a wonder my husband is still here bless  him! That's why I took the counselling cos he must be sick of me constantly talking about ailments!!    Gonna try and keep busy today . Keeping to the bland diet don't mind camomile tea now ! My throat is still okay so it must be the diet as I am not on anything only gaviscon after meals.
Pleased your tummy is okay. Everyday is a challenge at the moment and its hard to accept isnt it? We just have to take one day at a time but its hard when I remember how carefree I was in febuary eating what I liked, going out . It's all come to an abrupt end but hopefully will come back xxxxxxx

vanilla slice

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »

I was advised by a health professional to take 10mls Gaviscon ADVANCE last thing before going to bed. It helps stop the reflux. It worked for me.

Kelly

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2014, 04:05:26 PM »

Hi vanilla slice yes you are right gaviscon does do the trick. I am only taking it at the moment and dropped the omezparole . Doc said if you can do it the gaviscon way then do so! XxxKelly

Kelly

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2014, 07:22:01 AM »

So pleased everything is good Sparkle! Try and relax now you know everything is okay. They just told me at endoscopy that I had a small hiatus hernia. Be interested to know if they can go away a bit. If you can give up caffeine I think that is the main thing that bothered me as I am lot better without it. Just on gaviscon . Let me know what doc says.
Good luck
Kelly xxxx

Kelly

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2014, 07:04:04 AM »

Don't know if its helped Sparkle as once  anxiety has a hold of you it's hard to shake off.     Could have been caused by omprazole  or just anxiety over throat. I am trying everything but the thing that's getting me down is the blurred like vision. I think it came on with the anxiety . Got optician appointment on Friday but really fed up of it. Ironc thing is my throats been good but now my eyes are getting me down and I am battling anxiety . Found reflexology good and got hypnotherapy today. Just can't seem to get a break. If its not one thing it's another ! I don't know how you have coped as you have suffered for quite a while haven't you. Hope you are still feeling okay .
Lots of love
Kellyn

cheekygal

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

Kelly & Sparkle, I can so relate to much of what you've been saying, including summer passing in a haze, (mind you it normally does in Scotland  :D) and the doctor saying meno doesn't cause anxiety and offering referral to mental health team.  I no longer feel comfortable going to doctors as I too feel they are sick of my endless visits.

I have been on omeprozole for a few years, without any noticeable side effects, however I felt they were no longer working, so stopped taking them.  Bad idea as the pain was awful, I don't get the sore throats that you do Kelly, but I was starting to feel anything i ate was sticking, got an emergency endoscopy which showed nothing, not even inflammation.  I have what is know as non ulcer dyspepsia, which is basically all the symptoms of an ulcer but without one, so had to go back on the omeprozole, doc also added in zantc which works the same but is not a PPI, I took the 2 for a while but didn't get much relief, so stopped the latter.  My main symptoms are upper abdominal burning, pain under left breast, which goes round sometimes under my arm and into shoulder.  I was prescribed Mirtazapine an AD which i reluctantly took, however they have just added new symptoms like shaking and muscle twitching so I am trying to get off them.  I too have cancelled our annual trip to Blackpool which was meant to be next week but just can't face it. 

We will come out the other end of all this...... in one piece hopefully.  ;D xx

Kelly

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

Hi Cheekygirl you have my total sympathy ! I hope things improve for you. It just seems if its not one thing it's something else. Will it never end!  I also feel that everyone else is having a normal healthy life but me! Someone just text me their nails before a going to a do and I could have  just sat and cried!!
Hang on in there! Sending lots of love! God knows we need it!
Xxxxxxxxx

chloe

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »

I got my appointment come through for a week on Monday to see the consultant. I have had a rough few days with the acid and burning in the mouth and chest.
I have now turned to de-caff tea and have stopped eating high sugary foods and replaced it with fruit.
I went for a smear test on Monday and the nurse was concerned about my pulse and heart reading. I had already been sent for an ECG by my doctor a few weeks prior that came back ok as my readings were high then.

My blood pressure has been ok and don't know if all this worry about going to the hospital is making it go up as my biggest fear is having the camera down. She wants me to take readings for 2 weeks after I have been to the hospital. I really don't want to go on anymore tablets as I hate taking things that can cause other problems later on.

I feel like I get something sorted and something else pops up and it's never ending.

honeybun

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »

I don't know if any of you ladies will be interested but I have been reading about a herbal supplement that has some great results for stomach problems.
It's called Iberogast and if you Google it then you can read the reviews and also trial data.

My sister uses it. She had her gall bladder removed a dew years ago and now has recurrent stomach issues.
She swears by this stuff and like quite a few of you hates the medication that the GP gives her.
It might be worth a look.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2014, 09:23:07 AM »

Thank HB for that info, my sister has had her gallbladder removed and gets recurrent stomach problems, I will pass it on to her. Just off to  google  :)

honeybun

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »

My sister also has "dumping syndrome" . She uses Tormentil drops to control that. The consultant did not tell her that she would be left with these issues  :-\.

That might help your sister too SL. Both easily available on Amazon.

Honeyb
x

Kelly

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »

Chloe I have ound camomile tea to be good. Once I dropped all caffeine I felt I was a lot better and minimal chocolate too but I have had the. Odd thortons choc with no effects. As I said before unfortunately the anxiety got me before I changed my diet and I am still battling it.! Had first hypnotherapy appointment yesterday which is proper hypno analysis not just relaxation and going again on Monday. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Love to all as we struggle on!
Did you find out Sparkle why they didn't mention your hiatus hernia.?xx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13