Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Beauty tips  (Read 19859 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Beauty tips
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »

Any colouring preparation will dry out the hair eventually.  I had mine coloured for a few years and used a very good conditioner throughout, in between each 'treatment' I had a good cut.  Now I have allowed my 'natural' colour to come through and 2 weeks after trip for a cut/wash/blow dry it looks great.  I use various shampoos, usually what is to hand  ::) and occasionally a conditioner.

honeybun

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »

Hair dye always gives my hair a boost. I love different shampoos and conditioners and always have a good range. I feel if you you use the same shampoo all the time then it starts to look dull so I change regularly.
I have trialled lots of different stuff as I am a member of a place called Savvy Circle. You apply to take part in trials and have to write reports and give out free samples. Great fun and I really enjoy it.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

I love buying new shampoo etc. and can't wait to get home to wash my hair  ::)

Have spent an hour on line looking for petticoats  >:(

Morwenna

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »

Any colouring preparation will dry out the hair eventually.  I had mine coloured for a few years and used a very good conditioner throughout, in between each 'treatment' I had a good cut.  Now I have allowed my 'natural' colour to come through and 2 weeks after trip for a cut/wash/blow dry it looks great.  I use various shampoos, usually what is to hand  ::) and occasionally a conditioner.

This is one of the reasons I'm trying to grow my grey out - the condition of my hair after colouring (and straightening) for many years is not good. I've started leaving conditioner in after washing it and it does seem to make a difference. I've also stopped washing it every other day - usually only twice a week now. It does seem to get less greasy since the onset of menopause. On reflection I guess menopause is probably partly responsible for the dryness.

Have spent an hour on line looking for petticoats  >:(

Have you tried Etsy?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:27:54 PM by Morwenna »

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »

What sort of petticoat do you want CLKD? Have you checked under Slips?

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 08:34:33 AM »

tiger74

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 12:24:04 PM »

On the subject of silver-grey hair - doesn't Christine Lagarde look fantastic?  I think she's a real 'poster girl' for my generation.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:27:29 PM by tiger74 »

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »

Thanks Silverlady we have an M&Co locally.  I put in 'under slips', 'petticoats', 'under garments'  ::)

Yes Tiger74 I agree!

Dyan

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »

Who? Tiger74?

Taz2

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »

Have you had a look at the Marks and Sparks ones CLKD?

Taz x

tiger74

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »

Yep Taz ...... will have to go physically when I'm in the mood  ::)

Linsey44

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

Christine Lagarde does suit her grey hair. 

Grey hair comes in so many shades and textures unfortunately some have coarse dark grey and others seem to have smoother silvery tones which is sometimes quite nice.  Its just your luck / genetics I suppose as to what type of grey / how much grey you get.

My mum (who I don't look like at all) is 68 and has hardly any grey hair, her mother was the same died at 78 with hardly a grey in her head.  Was hoping to follow in her footsteps, will need to wait and see, I'm lucky not to have hardly any as others my age but would rather not have any at all.  Still colour my hair though!

Rowan

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »

Got a lovely white linen dress yesterday from TK Max, it is an Italian design  made in Rome, and in the Sale. Just going to alter it a little to make it a little different to suit me. Its mid calf length so dressy.

So really pleased. I always think Italian ladies look so good in white linen with their brown skin and gorgeous dark hair, but my fair olive skin and silver blonde hair will have to do.

Rowan

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »

Got a tip for these hot humid nights, buy some Deep Freeze Gel and smooth over feet and ankles and a little on the back of your neck,  make sure you don't rub the eyes though.

It really cools you down especially at bed time and also helps with aches and pains.

If you want something that smells nice and works ( but is not as cool) then Boots Cooling Foot Gel with Mint, Arnica and Witch Hazel is very good. along with their Foot Spray with Mint, Witch Hazel and Cypress is really refreshing I get through loads of it during the Summer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6