Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Beauty tips  (Read 19854 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Beauty tips
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 04:02:24 PM »

I need to have mine shaped first  ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »

I use clear mascara for that Galadriel.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »

What's the point of clear mascara?

littleminnie

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »

You use it on your eyebrows to keep them in shape or on your eyelashes to separate the lashes if you have naturally dark , long lashes anyway.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »

:thankyou:

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »

My eyelashes are now very sparse. They used to be really long but are now short and stubby and the lower ones have almost disappeared. Also  my eyebrows are disappearing. Very sad.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 08:24:03 AM »

You can get individual false ones fitted that go in between your own. They look really natural and last for ages.
I hate the fact my are not as good as they once were.
Mother nature is quite cruel. It's as if once your child bearing years are over there is no need to look or feel good.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »

A colleague at work has had this done. Looked really good but she developed an allergy to the adhesive. Not sure I want to do that - I just wish they could stay the same naturally. You have hit the nail on the head Honeybun - there is no need for Nature to keep us looking attractive!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »

Eyelash tinting is the answer, you will be surprised how it shows up lashes you thought you had lost, I do my own, but any beauty salon will do them or even better your local beauty college, much cheaper and they do a very good job.

http://www.beautyresource.org.uk/articles/eyelash-tinting.html

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »

I have had that done a few times. Stings a bit but it does make a difference. I had them done a deep blue once many moons ago.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »

Went to JL today for advice.  There is a beauty salon upstairs and they do waxing or threading or eyebrows …. the girl on the counter had, for her 1st time, had one of hers each - one threaded the other waxed and told me that it doesn't hurt!  So I have a card ……….. might make an appt.  ;)

It is years since I wandered round all those different Companies selling 'beauty' stuff, one Company were trying to convince me that a range of products developed by a Doctor ………  ::) yep, I kept saying, what type of Doctor? with my Dr husband standing behind me  ;) - eventually we got out of the guy that it was a chemist ….. yep, that's what we thought they must think we climbed out of the Arc yesterday  >:(   :D

Rowan

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:10:55 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

My sister who was a natural blond let hers go grey years ago. Have to say I did not like it to start with but it's kind of grown on me.
I don't want to go down that road quite yet so I shall keep on buying my dye  ;D

They do look good though.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »

I've never coloured my hair so the thought of having to cover up the grey is a bit daunting. I'm just beginning to see some in the underneath layers of hair and what I don't like is the way it's making my fine hair go really frizzy. Not sure I will bother to dye it though although the hairdresser (I hate going to the hairdressers) says it will improve the condition if I colour it.

Taz x

Morwenna

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »

Silver/grey hair is very 'now' - I love it! So much so I have made an appointment to have an ash colour base with white blonde/silver highlights put in - (funny how there's no such thing as 'grey' hair dye) - I'm fed up of having to touch up my grey roots every three to four weeks, plus my natural colour (brown) no longer suits me as I think my skin tone has changed. This is with a view to letting my grey hair come through - not sure how much I have - a lot at the front and sides I reckon. Quite looking forward to it  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6